• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Question for Vault members. I just cancelled this upcoming round/renewal as not interested in the Miles Davis set. That said, rejoining is allowed of the next set is appealing? And am I still able to use the perks or won’t be until I rejoin? 

Once the join period ends your perks end. You can rejoin whenever you want. They have a cut off counter on the website so you know. They’ll refresh it once they announce the next vault release. 

• 2 months later...

May be an image of 1 person and text

Third Man Records is excited to announce Vault Package #57, which showcases the solo recordings of Pink Floyd’s highly influential founding frontman, Syd Barrett. Individually out of print for almost ten years, and never previously available together on vinyl, Barrett’s solo works – The Madcap Laughs, Barrett, and Opel – are featured in this set on stunning 180-gram vinyl, pressed at Third Man Pressing in Detroit and packaged together in a custom slipcase with new exclusive artwork, an illustration by Greg Ruth. As an added bonus that is sure to entice any Pink Floyd completist, the set includes a 7-inch single by David Gilmour covering two Barrett compositions, “Dark Globe'' and “Dominoes.” Sign up is open now and can be found using the link in bio! Order by midnight CST on July 31st to guarantee yourself a copy of this essential collection.
THIS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
-ILLUSTRATED SLIPCASE by
-GOLDEN HAIR COLORED VINYL
-BABY LEMONADE COLORED VINYL
-MILKY WAY OPAL COLORED VINYL
-DAVID GILMOUR 7”
(Please note: Vinyl colors pictured are a visual approximation)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, morfiend said:

This Syd Barrett box is my first vault purchase. I know this is a preorder but when can I expect these to ship? 

Sometime in September. Each vault is on a quarterly basis, every 3 months. So gets announced in July, you have the whole month to sign up. Second month for production and whatnot. Third month is when it should start shipping, usually mid to late month. And the new package would get announced in October 

12 hours ago, morfiend said:

This Syd Barrett box is my first vault purchase. I know this is a preorder but when can I expect these to ship? 

Fuck.. I need this.. Vault members is the full year or quarterly a better deal?  In other words have you found better value in the vault releases throughout the year ot more duds than stuff you listen to?

11 minutes ago, roadmonkey said:

Fuck.. I need this.. Vault members is the full year or quarterly a better deal?  In other words have you found better value in the vault releases throughout the year ot more duds than stuff you listen to?

If you’re down for every vault release it is. I’m a huge TMR fan, but I only usually like one or two year. The tidal discount is nice, but I do a family plan for cheaper. So it’s really up to you and your use / needs. I think month to month is easier, and you can easily pause if you don’t like a release. 

3 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

If you’re down for every vault release it is. I’m a huge TMR fan, but I only usually like one or two year. The tidal discount is nice, but I do a family plan for cheaper. So it’s really up to you and your use / needs. I think month to month is easier, and you can easily pause if you don’t like a release. 

Yeah.. $20 may be worth to pause or skip.

Looking at the previous releases it seems really worth it if you are a Jack White / White Stripes superfan.. which makes sense

https://www.discogs.com/label/307889-Third-Man-Records-Vault

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, natenomm said:

Vault58_admat_final_web_1080x.jpg?v=1696

I'm all over the newest Vault package. I remember having a white label (maybe a bootleg?) version of this in my hands at a record store 10 years ago and I didn't buy it. It's one of my biggest record buying regrets.

This is a quite famous (infamous?) White Stripes record. It was originally recorded as a promo white label distributed amongst radio personnel. I remember being at Third Man Records in Nashville for the tri-color release of the Jack White “Fly Farm Blues” and seeing this on the wall and the guy in front of me buying it. This was August 2009 and I believe it was $300 or $350.

I was in no position as a college student to drop that kind of money for something like this, but I will say that it kind of feels like it slipped through my hands that day.  So I understand what you are saying here. Very excited to see this because I figured this would elude me forever. 

3 hours ago, kas1985 said:

This is a quite famous (infamous?) White Stripes record. It was originally recorded as a promo white label distributed amongst radio personnel. I remember being at Third Man Records in Nashville for the tri-color release of the Jack White “Fly Farm Blues” and seeing this on the wall and the guy in front of me buying it. This was August 2009 and I believe it was $300 or $350.

I was in no position as a college student to drop that kind of money for something like this, but I will say that it kind of feels like it slipped through my hands that day.  So I understand what you are saying here. Very excited to see this because I figured this would elude me forever. 

I passed on it because it was $50, which makes me feel even more regret. I bought Beck's "Guero" for like $13 back then and figured that was too much for a record I thought was a bootleg at the time. I need a time machine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As an aside, if you have not picked up either of Jack White’s albums from last year, you can get both on splatter vinyl with the “Live from Marshall Street” EP in a pretty good looking box set from Rough Trade, currently on sale for $38. 

https://www.roughtrade.com/en-us/product/jack-white/fear-of-the-dawn-entering-heaven-alive-and-live-from-marshall-st-2