PO: Say Anything - Anarchy, My Dear

I thought the box set said 2xLP. I guess not. And both other releases were 2xLPs.

In other news. Anyone excited for the Baseball release? Max didn't specify it'd be on vinyl though. And I really hope they do some awesome box set or something for In Defense.

both would be awesome

Baseball release? Where can I read about that?

Max talked about it in their statement about signing with EVR, and also in the video announcing their signing.

*Found it. "EVR is planning to not only throw themselves with a passion into putting out new Say Anything records, but, additionally, put out all the Say Anything stuff you (quite vocally I may add, you little whippersnappers) wished could be released years ago, from vinyl, to rarities collections, to Baseball, and even forthcoming projects. We want you to think of EVR when you think of Say Anything and the other way around, as they have become not just our partners but our friends and part of our team."

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/say_anything_sign_with_equal_vision_records_new_album_out_in_early-ish_2012

How many albums do they have now? I only liked a handful of songs up until "Is a Real Boy" and I liked that, then that "In Defense of the Genre" crap was half a good album + way too much filler so I never listen to it, then I forgot the band existed. Is anything newer actually good?

s/t was great. to me anyways.

Hell, I've loved everything they've ever done. True enough, stuff before Baseball was very underproduced, it was still catchy usually. And I love every second of Is a Real Boy and In Defense. A/T took a little getting used to, but I now love it. Anarchy seems like its gonna be that. I hear a lot of influence from Is a Real Boy and also S/T. I don't hate it. It's just weird. This is coming from someone who has 188 Say Anything songs. >.>

been into SA since I was a freshman in high school, (sophomore in college now) and I have enjoyed everything single thing very thoroughly except the S/T, I thought I liked it for about the first month but then I realized that I wasn't too much of a fan... which made me :(

Made me feel like Max was trying hard to be something that he didn't want to be, which would explain this "we are moving away from a label that is telling us how to sound" type ordeal ;)

Hell, I've loved everything they've ever done. True enough, stuff before Baseball was very underproduced, it was still catchy usually. And I love every second of Is a Real Boy and In Defense. A/T took a little getting used to, but I now love it. Anarchy seems like its gonna be that. I hear a lot of influence from Is a Real Boy and also S/T. I don't hate it. It's just weird. This is coming from someone who has 188 Say Anything songs. >.>

300 Say Anything songs in my iTunes...Boom!

Shit, son. You must have a lot of live recordings. I don't like live recordings too much, so I just have all the demons and acoustics.

Shit, son. You must have a lot of live recordings. I don't like live recordings too much, so I just have all the demons and acoustics.

I think I have every demo, I also have live rips, radio in studio stuff, and vinyl rips. Basically if its Say Anything and has been put on the internet in any way I have it.

I think I have every demo, I also have live rips, radio in studio stuff, and vinyl rips. Basically if its Say Anything and has been put on the internet in any way I have it.

I just have all the studio albums, bonus tracks, demons, old recordings and EPs, alternate versions of songs, and acoustic rips.