Thrice - The Alchemy Index

It's old news that there's a repress, but no date or anything by cobraside. This guy has no proof of credibility. Anyone can come in here and add to the rumor. I could say "Guys, look, I could be arrested for this, but beggars is going to be repressed on pink and brown marble. Don't tell anyone!" Sure, he could be telling the truth, but people shouldn't immediately believe stuff like this unless it's someone with proven credibility like Travis. If this guy is legit and I've missed it somewhere, then sorry.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I just had to share this with anyone who has a defective Earth record. Email Cobraside and they will sort you out!!! I just got my replacement copy in the mail today. Thankfully I had my receipt buried in my email. 3 years ago I emailed Vagrant and MerchLackey about it and never heard back. Cobraside on the other hand, took 3 days to figure it out. They were super helpful and I can now say that my boxset is truly a complete set now. Cheers to everyone at Cobraside.

Call me greedy but I'd rather them go ahead and repress four 10" and maybe give them different colors or something to distinguish from the first press.  Having 6 songs on each side will likely lead to some compression and may not sound as good as the original does.

I agree.  I'd prefer the 4.10" (or eep, dare I say 4xLP).  Really want to avoid compression or problems on future presses.  Make them a different color if needed to separate the presses.  Also, I like the combined artwork they used for the OG

Call me greedy but I'd rather them go ahead and repress four 10" and maybe give them different colors or something to distinguish from the first press.  Having 6 songs on each side will likely lead to some compression and may not sound as good as the original does.

I completely agree. The original packaging was awesome too. If this does get a repress it should get the same treatment as the first.

About a year ago I saw prices on eBay go above $200 and I bit the bullet. I did a "buy it now" and paid $215 for a practically new version in the cellophane with the original alchemy sticker. Emailed the seller about the defect and got a spankin' new Earth record from the company mentioned above.

I would be interested in a repress to play leisurely, but I doubt it would be a quad 10" vinyl. I feel it would be more an LP for each album, with 6 songs a side (each side being an element). They could sell them separate, or even do a double LP with all four albums in one package.

Haha that's Thrice for ya, always finding unique ways to make things complicated.