Shit on bands here

I thought Crash Love was a solid record. Not my favorite but certainly far from being horrible. Its amazing how many people claim to hate this record.

People claim to hate this record because they hate this record. It is such a drastic change from Answer That and Very Proud. It is like asking a fan of Sick of it All why they don't like the new Maroon 5 album.

I get this. Most bands do try to sound like their first record 17 years ago.

People claim to hate this record because they hate this record. It is such a drastic change from Answer That and Very Proud. It is like asking a fan of Sick of it All why they don't like the new Maroon 5 album.

I get this. Most bands do try to sound like their first record 17 years ago.

yeah, but there's a difference in musical growth and watering down your formula to appeal to a wider audience/MTV/Radio/Major Labels

as I stated earlier....Bad Religion and NOFX have been putting out the same album for decades now....with no intention of growing their fanbase or bowing to MTV/Radio/Major Labels, just the same microwaved dog-poop over and again. It's a bit lame, but they still have fans old and new that want that same album with slightly different lyrics that talk about the same thing again and again....that's fine. Growing as a band and as individual musicians/songwriters is great too....but I don't hear newer A.F.I. as a legitimate musical growth in any direction...just, cutting out the "Punk" and going straight for goth-tinged Pop-Rock....which sells, and that's great for them, I'm sure they've made some decent money and are happy and perfectly fine with their decision...and I'm sure they probably still put on a good live show. But for me, it's quite a bit bland and sterile for my enjoyment....but, fuck, I'm getting older, I'm probably just a jaded old bastard or something

I like to see bands grow/progress and yes some of AFI's progress does seem forced but not entirely. I truly think they wanted to go into the direction they've been pursuing and the change is natural to some extent. I recall people having this some issue with Thursday and their progression which I also enjoyed. Regardless I get where your coming from and people stop listening to bands all the time when their progress doesn't go the way they want. Can't make everyone happy I guess.

i can't stand those metal shirts that use the scribbly lightning font that you can never read. i harshly judge bands that use that because they all look the same and its all stupid.

tegan and sara did a parody of it, which is funny but still angers me, haha

[image]

Agreed. I understand that black metal people hate everyone, but why the stupid font? It very rarely looks good.

AFI's "Sing the Sorrow" is where I started, so I really like that and "Decemberunderground." Listening to a bit of "Crash Love" now, it's pretty okay. The title, cover, and music show that AFI has given up trying to be interesting, this sounds like they're trying to rewrite "Decemberunderground" but more generic and with less heart. I can barely tell that this is AFI, which is bad.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

document.write('+':49x8xxvy]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':49x8xxvy]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

{

document.write('+':spofzq3k]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':spofzq3k]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Guest errolwest

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Dont you go rolling your eyes at me Errol!

WATCH ME, PAL!!!

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

NOOOOO ONE CAN STOP ME NOW

I think my love of Refused has died quite a bit because of the reunion. Well, not so much that they reunited, but more for what they are charging for said shows. Total fucking buy in.

Agreed. Especially considering their last show was in a basement in arlington, va in 1998. Which leads me to believe that they might be terrible live now which would lead me further to laugh my ass off at the people that drop $150 to see them.

Remember before they wore sweaters and black bowl cuts? "Pump the brakes" was solid. they used to remind me of a swedish gorilla biscuits. Don't get me wrong, shape of punk to come was awesome but i'm so sick of new noise it no longer lives up to its title.

Oh now to the purpose of the thread, a day to remember is the bane of my fucking existence. and i dont mean they're up there with bane, i mean i pray the band lose their arms and the singers vocal cords are chewed out by a lynx.

as I stated earlier....Bad Religion and NOFX have been putting out the same album for decades now....with no intention of growing their fanbase or bowing to MTV/Radio/Major Labels, just the same microwaved dog-poop over and again. It's a bit lame, but they still have fans old and new that want that same album with slightly different lyrics that talk about the same thing again and again....that's fine. Growing as a band and as individual musicians/songwriters is great too....but I don't hear newer A.F.I. as a legitimate musical growth in any direction...just, cutting out the "Punk" and going straight for goth-tinged Pop-Rock....which sells, and that's great for them, I'm sure they've made some decent money and are happy and perfectly fine with their decision...and I'm sure they probably still put on a good live show. But for me, it's quite a bit bland and sterile for my enjoyment....but, fuck, I'm getting older, I'm probably just a jaded old bastard or something

I really want to hear Bad Religion's "Into The Unknown". It sounds hilarious.

Thrice. Ugh. Thrice.

And if you really sit with it for a minute, you might realize what an incredibly stupid concept the Alchemy Index was. Earth! Fire! Air! Water! By your powers combined, I am fucking pretentious! Though, that "Firebreather" song is awesome.

And Dustin Kensrue's solo album makes me want to burn every acoustic guitar in the world. The world didn't need another flaccid stab at coffee shop folk from a guy whose main band is overwrought enough as it stands.

Which reminds me, when is that ape from Thursday gonna put out a faux-folky alt-country acoustic guitar hoedown album?

I can't stand bands who act like there is some kind of higher purpose to the music they make. Bands who act like it's some kind of holy, spiritual thing. It's rock and roll, not high art. Put on your electric guitar, go out onstage and dance for the people, you fucking monkey.

Thrice. Ugh. Thrice.

And if you really sit with it for a minute, you might realize what an incredibly stupid concept the Alchemy Index was. Earth! Fire! Air! Water! By your powers combined, I am fucking pretentious! Though, that "Firebreather" song is awesome.

And Dustin Kensrue's solo album makes me want to burn every acoustic guitar in the world. The world didn't need another flaccid stab at coffee shop folk from a guy whose main band is overwrought enough as it stands.

Which reminds me, when is that ape from Thursday gonna put out a faux-foiky alt-country acoustic guitar hoedown album?

+1. You speak the truth.