Shit on bands here

Bob Dylan

Excellent songwriter, terrible singer.

I think his voice is an acquired taste (like shitty pop-punk, I guess). I'm not a big Bob Dylan fan, and I think when people cover his songs their versions are usually better, but you're right that he's an excellent songwriter. I'm on the fence about his voice.

I feel the opposite, where he's an alright writer and it's his performance that makes most of his songs work. For every one good song, he's got like 3 or 4 not so good to straight up bad though.

ALSO THIS WHOLE "YOU DISLIKE BRAND NEW NOT BECAUSE THEY'RE BAD BUT BECAUSE FANS ETC." IS INSANE AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD FOR TELLING ME WHAT TO THINK. THEY ARE 110% GARBAGE POO POO DOODY STINKY BAD MUSIC.

I wish brand new didn't get 75% of the hype that they do. They're my favorite band, and the shitbag fan base has made it difficult to say that for the last 6 or 8 years.

But they're my favorite band because of what they did to make me who I am. That doesn't mean that I think they're the best band- not by any means. Built to Spill is a better band, but thank you brand new for putting me on them!

Always hated the Suicidal Tendencies as well.

After their self-titled album they turned into this pretty lame speed/thrash metal, but I really like their S/T. "Institutionalized" is a fuckin classic, dude.

Rumor has it that the Secret Service approached them before the album came out because "I Shot the Devil" was originally called "I Shot Reagan," and they were understandably upset about that.

I could understand why someone wouldn't like Suicidal Tendencies, though. Some (read: most) of their stuff is just stupid, but I do like the earlier songs.