Shit on bands here

oh, you mean over used youtube soundtracks? because right alongside bittersweet symphony would be drowning pool. apparently nothing cool can ever happen without bodies hitting the floor.

I have that song on my iPod because it is literally the most awesome thing to pregame a show to.

Bullet For My Valentine is hyper-shit. Had an ex who adored them. Yikes.

Years ago, I avoided My Bloody Valentine like the plague because I had them confused with that band. I only last year realized my mistake. (MBV is amazing, by the way)

SAME

Every time I see the title of this thread, I instantly think of that band Theory of a Dead Man. I'd be surprised if anyone here liked them at all because they are totally fucking dire. I'm amazed that this band can play stadiums and actually have audiences there. It's like anti-music. Absolutely nothing redeeming about anything I've ever heard by this band at all. I guess if they can make a buck off playing shitty music to idiots, then fair enough I suppose. But music is so, so important that I wish I could pay someone to follow them around and break their instruments if any band member even thinks about writing another unoriginal riff.

I heard Macklemore had no label backing and whatever that album was that blew up the charts and won awards was self released. If that's true it's cool and I really respect that.

The music itself, however, is whatever and I never want to have to hear it.

I just did some wikipedia searching cause I was curious. Looks like he is distributed under ADA:

It's not unheard of to have mainstream success with an independent label that is still distributed by a major. Smash by the Offspring sold over 10 million records this way. I'm not sure if any special credit is due. Maybe.

What IS impossible, though, is to achieve mainstream success without major label distribution. Radio stations are not independent entities that play whatever they think people should hear. They are a marketing tool of major labels that are part of billion dollar corporations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_Distribution_Alliance

As I've mentioned countless times in this thread, I have to endure the poppiest of pop for 40 hours every week.

But I also recognized the talent of justin timberlake back around 1998 as more than just a flash fad. That and hall & oates are unquestionably one of my all time favorites.

As I've mentioned countless times in this thread, I have to endure the poppiest of pop for 40 hours every week.

But I also recognized the talent of justin timberlake back around 1998 as more than just a flash fad. That and hall & oates are unquestionably one of my all time favorites.

Do you work at some jabroni place or something? Early 2000s were a golden era of pop/r&b for me as a young pup. 

The Gap. I hold the company in a very high regard, but I don't think they realize how badly they miss the mark with their in-store soundtracks. The image they maintain for themselves is SO much better than the endless shit pop that gets played.

I've written to corporate begging them to make a change, and, unsurprisingly, it's done nothing.

Not ripping anyone for liking his solo stuff, but you are saying that N Sync was good music?