Shit on bands here

People are starving, we're destroying our environment, there's war everywhere, people are trafficked as sexual commodities...And some drunk guy kissed a female band member.

First world problems.

This is a terrible sentiment, luckily it was just a kiss, and not a grope. People forget how bad things are when they don't happen to you. What if your daughter or wife or mother was the one to be violated onstage? I doubt anyone would stand to just let that happen. I've heard of a time where someone kissed Shannon from Hunx and his Punx/Shannon and the Clams and she punched him in the face, I used to think it wasn't that big of a deal. But when I see young girls crowdsurfing and getting groped by dudes , it pisses me off. I understand a lot of social justice is kind of a pissing contest to see which one is more stupid, but rape culture is not one of them. 

What that guy did at the Tigers Jaw show was awful, and shouldn't be allowed to happen anywhere, and I'm sure everybody on here would agree with me, it's a problem. I don't think it's a massive cultural epidemic, some people are just inconsiderate assholes. Unfortunately people are assholes and will always be assholes no matter how much action we take. No amount of complaining on the internet will stop that. As long as the girls are okay and people don't think what that guy did is cool, we're golden.

Now to Mixtapes: I'm pretty sure it would take anybody with half a brain to know that he was kidding. Sure the joke was offensive, and distasteful, but most likely a joke none the less, and people make jokes about things like race and murder and violence all the time and no one takes up arms like this. And it it really worth trashing this guys reputation as a musician over a single sentence? Do I think it was funny? No. Do I think it was okay? Definitely not. Do I think it's as big of an issue as people are making it out to be? No. Can we calm down?

You guys keep saying "what if it was this and what if it was that." It wasn't.

Not cool. We are in unanimous agreement on that. You can't blow up the small stuff because then you lose site if what is really awful. This is dinky shit. Not an indictment of a rape culture brewing in the indie music scenes.

This is a terrible sentiment, luckily it was just a kiss, and not a grope. People forget how bad things are when they don't happen to you. What if your daughter or wife or mother was the one to be violated onstage? I doubt anyone would stand to just let that happen. I've heard of a time where someone kissed Shannon from Hunx and his Punx/Shannon and the Clams and she punched him in the face, I used to think it wasn't that big of a deal. But when I see young girls crowdsurfing and getting groped by dudes , it pisses me off. I understand a lot of social justice is kind of a pissing contest to see which one is more stupid, but rape culture is not one of them. 

I understand where you're going with this, but please try to stay away from the "what if it was your daughter/wife/mother" argument. It insinuates that men can only care about the well being of a women, if they have some sort of connection with her. I know that's obviously not what you were going for, but it's important to understand! 

can we agree that it's ridiculous that the dumb shit a guy SAID on stage has now taken precedent over the dumb shit a guy DID on stage?

What he says is shitty, but yeah...I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one. 

I think the reason this is starting to blow up is because people are becoming more aware of the "rape culture" attitude and how women's rights really are a thing that still need to be fought for. It downright sucks that we have to have conversations like these but as it continues to happen, people are going to continue to talk about it. That's how progress is made. I mean, Iggy Azealea did an interview a bit ago where she had to explain that she wears layers of shorts under her stage outfits because a fan tried to finger her! That's dissssgusting behavior and I know it's not the same as just being kissed without consent, but it's still a thing that happens. 

Also, I may be wrong, but didn't a guy get kissed on stage recently and everyone flipped out? I can't remember who it was and I'm too tired to google it. Regardless, that alone shows it's not JUST a sexism thing. Human rights, everyone. Let's work on it.

While I don't condone what was said, bands say dumb things all the time without thinking. Comedians do it as well, say some of the most awful things, but because it's comedy it's okay? Damn that fine line! 

I think the old saying, Common Sense Isn't So Common is applied in so many situations...

Sadly yes. Some people should not drink.

....I remember my first beer...

Pm me that quote and for $5ppd I'll send you two wax pack singles! Haha.

Man, people are lame. I love a good drink, but damn, I want to enjoy the show as well. Maybe he released he was at warped tour.