Shit on bands here

I'm glad others have said it, but all that indie pop bullshit (basically, most of what plays on Sirius XM's Alt Nation and seeps onto mainstream stations: Imagine Dragons, Young the Giant, etc) going on right now. As said, it's just kind of forced and uninteresting as all hell. Just some kind of chorus and not much else, structurally.

Is it blasphemous to shit on touche amore here? I guess I havent had a proper channel to vent this in 4 years, but I saw them with Envy in 2010 and they looked/sounded like a high school talent show band. But I guess that could happen to any band that plays next to Envy

used to dig em alot, still a fun show to see em, but i only started seein em since 2012

I LOVE The Sword, but I went to see them live and it was...lackluster. I don't know if I already said this somewhere in this thread...seems like maybe I did. Whatever. They sounded great, but there was no soul in their performance. Boring to watch.

Didn't help that Big Business and O' Brother opened for them and put on a good show.

Deafwhatever who put Sunbather are so fucking overrated it hurts. I gave it a chance and It's just garbage.

Pretending to not know their name!  Edgy.  At least tell us what you don't like about them.

For realsies, though. Deafheaven are overrated. Love the shoegaze stuff, can't stand the atrocious vocals.

Like this guy.  He doesn't like them because he doesn't like the vocals. 

The album was so hyped up by the internet and my friends so I was expecting a religious type experience and was let down.

Not to sound like a dick, but that sounds like it's more of an issue with you and unrealistic expectations than it is with the album itself.  You've got to take hype of any sort with a grain of salt.  I know that Sunbather received a lot of hype, positive reviews, and praise from fans - new and old alike - but that doesn't necessarily mean that the album is up your alley, you know?  A record can be applause-worthy for the majority, but there's zero guarantee that you'll get any enjoyment from it.  The "classic" Blink-182 albums that everyone praises and clamors over don't do much for me, but I wouldn't say that they're garbage.

I can't get into Deafheaven, and I also have trouble remembering if their name ends in heaven or haven.

Xiu Xiu on the other hand...their first 4ish 5 albums are awesome, and I saw them after Fabulous Muscles came out and it was probably one of the best shows I've even been to. It was just a straight up wall of sound and they were so into being there and playing that I just got a great feeling from them.  That said, I never got into anything after Fabulous Muscles.

Edit: Realized La Foret is another one I dug and that I saw them post La Foret, not just after Fabulous Mucles.

Not to sound like a dick, but that sounds like it's more of an issue with you and unrealistic expectations than it is with the album itself. You've got to take hype of any sort with a grain of salt. I know that Sunbather received a lot of hype, positive reviews, and praise from fans - new and old alike - but that doesn't necessarily mean that the album is up your alley, you know? A record can be applause-worthy for the majority, but there's zero guarantee that you'll get any enjoyment from it. The "classic" Blink-182 albums that everyone praises and clamors over don't do much for me, but I wouldn't say that they're garbage.

No offense taken at all! I understand your point and it is very fair.

No offense taken at all! I understand your point and it is very fair.

To add onto that – sometimes I'm a little late to the party on certain releases, and I only decide to check them out because of the hype.  But even when that happens, I try really hard not to hold a report card in hand for the first listen, or to put the album / artist on a pedestal because everyone else has.  If I fell victim to that, I probably would've been severely disappointed with albums like In the Aeroplane Over the Sea... which is a great record, for example, but blown up to be one of the most life-affirming records of all time, thanks to absurd internet hype and a cult following.  I don't know.  I'm just super cautious with anything that's hyped – albums, movies, TV shows, foods.  I hate the idea of third-party perceptions - which are unique to those individuals - cheapening the experience of anything, for myself.  Just strikes me as unfair.