Shit on bands here

[Xiu Xiu]

Whoa.....

I can get why people won't like them, but you have to respect them for what they are.

What are they? I just don't get it. My friends girlfriend was shitting on my music taste the other day, and then she turned on Xiu Xiu and it was seriously just so bad. 

I get the wall of noise/dissonance/synth/blah, but I am just not on board with the way that guy sings.

Some people in crowds do have a brutal sense of timing though.

I've heard some crowds where about 1/3 of the people are on the downbeat. 1/3 are clapping opposite to them on the upbeats, which is hilarious. And then the other 1/3 don't know when to clap because they are apparently rhythm deaf or something?  They just kinda try to anticipate each beat, so they are always late, and it just sounds way off, makes the tempo drag, and can be super distracting.

That's funny though... 'alright guys clap along!'

'Um, nevermind, you guys suck at clapping.'

FAIL.

this is why they need to keep music programs in schools.

Holy shit those lyrics are weird and creepy as fuck.

Also, the way she is singing is totally bogus.

Unpopular opinion time! I kind of like Tori Amos. :unsure: 

I don't know that it is an unpopular option.  She has been successful and has hordes of fans.  I just think the performance of this song is really put-on and over-the-top bad.

I think the worst is you using hella and fierce in the same post.

Easy there, hella-fierce internet tough guy.  No need to be getting saucy behind the keyboard.  I can tell by your comment, and by the smug look on your avatar's face that you take yourself way too seriously.

Anybody ever been to a HUGE concert, at like an outdoor amphitheater, and seen the sweet-ass phenomenon of 10,000+ people trying to clap along, when many of them are far enough back for there to be an audible delay of the beat of the song? I think I wouldn't be able to not laugh if I was watching that from the stage. Probably couldn't see it, anyway.