Shit on bands here

Re: Saves the Day I would take the following albums:

- Can't Slow Down

- Through Being Cool

- Stay What You are

- Under the Boards

-Sound the Alarm (Rambo turned me around on this one. It's actually pretty decent.)

- The Ups and Downs (b-side collection) So good.

Plus the track 'Sell My Old Clothes I'm Off to Heaven' (On The Ups and Downs)

and you can keep the rest.

regarding mackleless, this song by him is real good despite everything else

Alcohol is my religion

The bar is my church

I need alcohol as a churchgoer might need God

Liquor is the scripture I guess

The other people in the bar are the disciples or something

Have you caught on to this metaphor yet

Do you think it could sustain itself for a full song or nah

Well I'm going to keep going with it, neon cathedral

neon cathedral

because like bars have neon signs in them, and I spend a lot of my time there because it's my place of worship (remember, alcohol is my religion, so when I say "worship" I mean drink. Get it?)

I'm an alcoholic

Sam smith. Fuck that dude. Stay with me is the most boring shit I've ever heard, and all his other stuff is just him screeching through notes he simply cannot hit. And somehow it's getting every fucking girl soaking wet.

Sam smith. Fuck that dude. Stay with me is the most boring shit I've ever heard, and all his other stuff is just him screeching through notes he simply cannot hit. And somehow it's getting every fucking girl soaking wet.

So I guess what you're saying is: throw on some Sam Smith and bang a bunch of chicks?

I don't even know what to call it but the recent pop songs (over the last year or two it seems like they got popular) that play these instrumental parts over and over and then over some more with a dance beat attached.

See the basically the second minute of this song if that statement doesn't make sense:

I don't even know what to call it but the recent pop songs (over the last year or two it seems like they got popular) that play these instrumental parts over and over and then over some more with a dance beat attached.

See the basically the second minute of this song if that statement doesn't make sense:

Not sure which is worse- that song or just aloe blacc's existence.

That fucking song is so awful. Beyond awful, it's just utterly fucking lazy. Didn't the guitarist from Incubus play on this track too? Not that it makes any difference because I hate Incubus too but this fucking DJ Avicii is just terrible. And Aloe Blacc. The repeating riff/motif/whatever in that song is so dull and uninteresting I can't believe it's so popular.

I think there's a Calvin Harris song around at the moment called Summer I think, and I only know about it because I saw the video. It's really just the worst waste of everything. The video is some instagram-filtery car race in the desert in the US with loads of fancy cars and chicks and stuff and I'm just thinking... the cost of making that video, with the cameras, filming, director(s), cars, actors, editors etc etc.... all for a fucking song that probably* took about ten minutes to write on a laptop

*I saw probably because I have no way of knowing but c'mon, it's hardly gonna be months in a studio trying to nail a guitar tone or get the best drum sound. 

This isn't really a shit on moment, more like the opposite, but everyone knows that song by Will Smith's daughter "Whip my Hair Back n Forth"?

Who would've thought this was created by the same person.

That's crazy. When did Whip my Hair come out? I hope not longer than three years ago because that will make me sad about my own life passing quickly. 

Seems to be a bit of a fashion for this kind of weird, slow, minimal hiphop/RnB at the moment? Lorde and someone else I can't remember. There's probably a name for it, I dunno. 

• 1 month later...

Out of curiosity I looked through Kerrang!'s "Hottest 20 Bands in the World" yesterday and it is full of some of the worst shit I've ever heard.

No. 1 on the list were Beartooth. I think I've moaned about these on this thread before but holy fucking cum this band is AWFUL. I guess I am older than your average Kerrang fan but fuck me, the production is shitty, the melodies are dull and the lyrics are abysmal. From memory, it was something like "keep on living, loud and proud, celebrate with ketamine, light it up with kerosene." I don't know if it's meant to be one of those call-to-arms for "disillusioned teenagers" or some shit? One of the lyrics was "life is hard enough already". Yeah, must be really hard for a group of American males playing by-the-numbers metalcore signed to fucking Red Bull Records.

Out of curiosity I looked through Kerrang!'s "Hottest 20 Bands in the World" yesterday and it is full of some of the worst shit I've ever heard.

No. 1 on the list were Beartooth. I think I've moaned about these on this thread before but holy fucking cum this band is AWFUL. I guess I am older than your average Kerrang fan but fuck me, the production is shitty, the melodies are dull and the lyrics are abysmal. From memory, it was something like "keep on living, loud and proud, celebrate with ketamine, light it up with kerosene." I don't know if it's meant to be one of those call-to-arms for "disillusioned teenagers" or some shit? One of the lyrics was "life is hard enough already". Yeah, must be really hard for a group of American males playing by-the-numbers metalcore signed to fucking Red Bull Records.

What's a Kerrang?

Did you mean:

kuwanger_mavericks.gif

• 1 month later...