Shit on bands here

Has been thusfar....the choir and strings haven't gotten here yet....also, he's probably been cool because the owner of this club used to be the drummer for Polyphonic Spree, so even though this venue is far too small to accommodate them he insisted that they play here on this tour......this space maxes out at 250-300 people....that almost a pound of confettie per person tonight.

Now somebody rip Polyphonic Spree a new one in the name of this thread

Dude, you need to watch a live video of the full band. Even from last weeks Trans-Siberian Orchestra show. It's amazing how many elements come together to create whats no less than completely inoffensive music that also happens to be pretty damn good.

But TSO uses electric guitars and they didn't use those back then.

I fail to see how a live performance makes your argument any more relevant.

Dude, you need to watch a live video of the full band. Even from last weeks Trans-Siberian Orchestra show. It's amazing how many elements come together to create whats no less than completely inoffensive music that also happens to be pretty damn good.

But TSO uses electric guitars and they didn't use those back then.

I fail to see how a live performance makes your argument any more relevant.

You would say that, but then you havent seen him live. Once you do the whole thing comes into shape, like a religious experience. Some people go to that church in Quebec that heals you and they leave their artificial legs/walkers/wheel chairs there, but real men, they see Bethoven live. Fucking soul opening stuff right there.

this is the last ill say about this, because any more will just be fodder for everyones lolz apparently

the discussion was rendered completely pointless once bronchitis could still only refer to them as sick acoustics. sure, the first album and ep were acoustic, but did they not progress to a FULL band for the last release?

like i already said, this group is completely inoffensive.

saying theyre pretentious because theyre against the grammys? does a SINGLE person on this board give even the slightest fuck about awards shows anymore?

RON SWANSON'S PRETENTIOUS Y'ALL!!!

[image]

im interested to know why your posts were deleted.

but.

ok, so i turned on the grammys waiting for family guy to come on. and...

i didnt see anything pretentious about bon iver turning down a performance tonight. i was annoyed that they were asked to collaborate too.

then i realized that every performance is a collaboration, and thought, "ok, maybe that was a bit douchey."

but now that rhianna is about to take the stage with coldplay, i shutter to think what artists they were going to be paired with.

I completely respect their decision to not perform. I would probably shoot myself if I was even nominated for one.

i can only assume this is about the grammys?

i didn't watch.

bon iver was nominated for something?

They won best new artist, apparently.