Shit on bands here

I honestly despise any of the virtuoso metal acts. Steve Vai, John Petrucci... and even Eric Johnson is a little obnoxious. It just comes across as sooooooo try-hard. Any guy who performs with fans (the kind that blow air into your flowing locks) on stage is just so unbearable to me. We get it; you can play every scale in the book. Why do they insist on wearing sunglasses on stage and playing 13 minute guitar solos though?

I honestly despise any of the virtuoso metal acts. Steve Vai, John Petrucci... and even Eric Johnson is a little obnoxious. It just comes across as sooooooo try-hard. Any guy who performs with fans (the kind that blow air into your flowing locks) on stage is just so unbearable to me. We get it; you can play every scale in the book. Why do they insist on wearing sunglasses on stage and playing 13 minute guitar solos though?

All about the meedlies and screedlies.

edit: and the noodles.

Agreed. They all lack soul.

I grew up listening to all this shit. I don't mind it, but I don't voluntarily listen to them on my own.

While I'm here, I'll go ahead and jump on the Mumford & Sons hate train.

• 2 weeks later...