Shit on bands here

I stopped listening to it half way through when the other guy started talking about how he "set back woman hundreds of years and resurrected hitler" in his sarcastic tone.  That is not the right way to issue an apology or whatever the hell he was trying to do.

if he said that he wasnt really apologizing, he was just trying to placate those angry... by saying something just stupid as fuck.

I think what he was trying to say in the podcast is that he already apologized right after the event occurred, but nobody recognized it, which I think is reasonable. A lot of articles I read after he said what he did noted the apology, but most people didn't even acknowledge it.

He still should've apologized again on the podcast

but even if he did, I feel like most people would still find a reason to call him out and bash him for it. Even though his attempt was weak, these holes are hard to get out of. 

I think what he was trying to say in the podcast is that he already apologized right after the event occurred, but nobody recognized it, which I think is reasonable. A lot of articles I read after he said what he did noted the apology, but most people didn't even acknowledge it.

He still should've apologized again on the podcast

but even if he did, I feel like most people would still find a reason to call him out and bash him for it. Even though his attempt was weak, these holes are hard to get out of. 

Quick, everyone retreat back to the politically correct feelings-safe cave, where others' right to free speech ends where your feelings begin!

I feel like I start yelling "I hate niggers and faggots, and rape is good, women are 2nd class citizens" then 2 minutes later said oh I was just kidding, I feel it wouldn't go too well.

I feel like I start yelling "I hate niggers and faggots, and rape is good, women are 2nd class citizens" then 2 minutes later said oh I was just kidding, I feel it wouldn't go too well.

Probably not, because that's way worse that what he said. If an apology isn't good enough then I don't know what else he can do. People aren't letting him take it back and be forgiven, like they want him to be a scumbag even if they know he isn't. It's be cool if we could handle problems like this better than children.

Quick, everyone retreat back to the politically correct feelings-safe cave, where others' right to free speech ends where your feelings begin!

Free speech means the government can't censor people's opinions not "People can say whatever they want without repercussion." He has the right to say what he said and people arguing that he's an asshole have the right to say he's an asshole.

Personally, I think what he said was dumb but I'm not really going to join either side of the argument.