Shit on bands here

I can't stand bands who act like there is some kind of higher purpose to the music they make. Bands who act like it's some kind of holy, spiritual thing. It's rock and roll, not high art. Put on your electric guitar, go out onstage and dance for the people, you fucking monkey.

This.....all of this...

While on that subject, "Christian Bands"....no problem with anybody of any religion, but please don't deface Rock N Roll by preaching over it....as stated above, it's Rock N Roll, don't make it more than that. I don't enjoy or appreciate being preached to....and I certainly don't enjoy it being snuck in the guise of Rock N Roll....but I doubt it's a dying fad

I can't stand bands who act like there is some kind of higher purpose to the music they make. Bands who act like it's some kind of holy, spiritual thing. It's rock and roll, not high art. Put on your electric guitar, go out onstage and dance for the people, you fucking monkey.

This.....all of this...

While on that subject, "Christian Bands"....no problem with anybody of any religion, but please don't deface Rock N Roll by preaching over it....as stated above, it's Rock N Roll, don't make it more than that. I don't enjoy or appreciate being preached to....and I certainly don't enjoy it being snuck in the guise of Rock N Roll....but I doubt it's a dying fad

Google Unblack metal. i promise you will laugh at how for "God" they are.

And About Touche Amore and La Dispute, I agree, total crap . These new "hardcore" bands that are coming out just wanna m,ake all the new Indie fans that are creeping in happy. they just wanna throw in crappy break downs and lots of chugs and an occasional expletive to make sure they know they are so hardcore. They make sure to show their appreciation for their states too, everyone wearing sports gear and crap. What happened to us punks hating jocks? What happened to everyone hating organizations and singing about it. Now they wanna sing about love and other stuff, just cause the kids wanna hear that crap. i could go on all night about the new bands. Especially all the kids who listen to their hardcore, yet have no idea who Agnostic Front or Cro Mags are. That was fun. I need to keep posting on here haha

I might be the only dude with grey hairs in this thread that legitimately enjoys both of those bands (La Dispute and Touche Amore)....feel free to hate.....I can totally understand where they garner their hate from.....but they're just a product of what they grew up on, pop-punk and pop-rock, and i'd imagine growing up in suburbia has a decent amount to do with that as well........

But this thread is for making fun of bands....so, 3 Inches of Blood....we get it, you're Metal, you listened to way too much Maiden, the silly costumes are the one step too far....I actually dig the music...for a bit, but all the spiked cuffs and silly boots and stuff is just silly to me

No joke here, I saw DC Talk live many years ago (they were the top of the Christian Rock scene for a while) and they were amazing live. My uncle took me for free and gave me two cds so I knew what they sounded like, and while it wasnt my cup of tea, they still put on a show that is in my top 5 of all time.

While he isnt a band himself, I abhore Fat Mike. Seriously the guy is such a fucking tool. People look to him like he is the Godfather of punk, the dude lives in a mansion, came from wealthy parents, inhererited a shit ton of money, and talks about how he is part of the 99%. not to mention all his songs are lame, his jokes are worse, and all he talks about is drugs. Dude would be dead 3432 times over if he even saw the ammount of drugs he talks about. He is the reason that I cringe when I tell people I like punk, Im afraid they will lump me into some notion that Im like him.

This.....all of this...

And About Touche Amore and La Dispute, I agree, total crap . These new "hardcore" bands that are coming out just wanna m,ake all the new Indie fans that are creeping in happy. they just wanna throw in crappy break downs and lots of chugs and an occasional expletive to make sure they know they are so hardcore. They make sure to show their appreciation for their states too, everyone wearing sports gear and crap. What happened to us punks hating jocks? What happened to everyone hating organizations and singing about it. Now they wanna sing about love and other stuff, just cause the kids wanna hear that crap. i could go on all night about the new bands. Especially all the kids who listen to their hardcore, yet have no idea who Agnostic Front or Cro Mags are. That was fun. I need to keep posting on here haha

So much what. La Dispute is emo, not brocore. They don't turn their snapback around while they play breakdowns.

Thrice. Ugh. Thrice.

And if you really sit with it for a minute, you might realize what an incredibly stupid concept the Alchemy Index was. Earth! Fire! Air! Water! By your powers combined, I am fucking pretentious! Though, that "Firebreather" song is awesome.

And Dustin Kensrue's solo album makes me want to burn every acoustic guitar in the world. The world didn't need another flaccid stab at coffee shop folk from a guy whose main band is overwrought enough as it stands.

Which reminds me, when is that ape from Thursday gonna put out a faux-folky alt-country acoustic guitar hoedown album?

This, and mastodon did it better. All we need is a botch reunion, but those guys have way too much integrity.

While he isnt a band himself, I abhore Fat Mike. Seriously the guy is such a fucking tool. People look to him like he is the Godfather of punk, the dude lives in a mansion, came from wealthy parents, inhererited a shit ton of money, and talks about how he is part of the 99%. not to mention all his songs are lame, his jokes are worse, and all he talks about is drugs. Dude would be dead 3432 times over if he even saw the ammount of drugs he talks about. He is the reason that I cringe when I tell people I like punk, Im afraid they will lump me into some notion that Im like him.

Agree with you 100% on this.

The Sheepdogs. Not sure if they've spilled out of Canada yet, but jesus christ people they are nothing more than a 70s rock cover band. All of their music sounds like horrible renditions of CCR tunes.

Sarah Blackwood (singer of the creepshow). I hate how she's latched onto Walk Off The Earth's popularity since the whole YouTube ordeal. I know she's done covers/videos with them before, but I've seen WOTE probably 5 or 6 times before and not once have I ever seen her on stage with them. She's also maybe only on one song on each of their albums. Yet that cover blows up and all of the sudden she's in the bands and doing interviews and all that crap. Now that a lot of the hype has died down she's back to doing her solo thing and the creepshow.

Jersey. I LOVE Jersey. They are one of my favorite bands of all time. Being from Burlington I used to go see them all the time. I shit my pants with excitement when I found out they were doing a reunion show last year. At that show they even said that this was it and they wouldn't be playing together again. Then a couple weeks after that they announce another show. This is a stupid one, but why are you telling fans that you're not playing another show, then turn around and play another one. You're not doing it for your fans, you're obviously only doing it for a quick dollar. That just pissed me off.

Sorry that my rants were very Southern Ontario specific.

99% of the bands that get the Pitchfork stamp of approval are rehashed shit.. I'm sick of shitty bands skyrocketing to ''hipster'' stardom after their first EP just because these douchers say they're the next Joy Division.

Pitchfork's stamp of mediocrity:

-Sleigh Bells

-Young Dreams

-Anything James Mercer touches (Love the first few Shins albums.. but damn. What happened to critics being critical?)

-Wavves (pooped on before in this thread)

the list goes on

the only people that look up to him are the same naive individuals who started listening to mall punk when nofx were already vastly popular..... and still listen to mall punk. he's just a regular bitter dude in a punk band who coincidentally owns a big punk label. yeah, he's done some drugs over his lifetime. you have to take his age into consideration and the vast amounts of stories will make sense. dude's a asshole. but i know tons of assholes with the same humor that have done the same fucked up shit. maybe because i'm close to his age and don't see him for more than what he is. and who in this day and age would associate fat mike with someone who likes punk rock? i don't see the comparison.

So much what. La Dispute is emo, not brocore. They don't turn their snapback around while they play breakdowns.

Making crappy music for teenage girls is as bro as you can get in my book.

Sarah Blackwood (singer of the creepshow). I hate how she's latched onto Walk Off The Earth's popularity since the whole YouTube ordeal. I know she's done covers/videos with them before, but I've seen WOTE probably 5 or 6 times before and not once have I ever seen her on stage with them. She's also maybe only on one song on each of their albums. Yet that cover blows up and all of the sudden she's in the bands and doing interviews and all that crap. Now that a lot of the hype has died down she's back to doing her solo thing and the creepshow.

Not particularly relevant to this thread, but one of our old roommates had a pretty bad break up with the vocalist of Creepshow at one point. When they came to Chicago to play, they were just down the street at the Sub-T and he spent nearly a week pouting about it and being bummed out. He eventually went and then bolted after saying hey to some of her bandmates and creepily watching her for an hour. hahah

The funny thing is, Agnostic Front are way more like the "jock" punk with breakdowns and sports gear that you described than either Touche Amore or La Dispute (who bear no resemblance whatsoever).