PO - If These Trees Could Talk - Red Forrest 2/2

Does anyone else's copy have tons of noise? I have only listened to the first ten minutes but it looks so clean yet there are more snap, crackles, and pops than in rice krispies cereal

i haven't had a chance to play mine yet, but it's from Pirates Press. i don't know if anyone heard the swamp green/clear mix repress of Isis "Oceanic" but my copy was the same way. i think this is a red/clear mix. even my clear repress of Oceanic had the crackle, such a bummer. hell, my black copy of The American Dollar had that on side one. lots of Pirates Press records in general have had this issue that i've noticed.

got both copies today, everything was intact. Before seeing these posts about noises, I noticed on my splatter copy that where some of the splatter were, they bumped the record out a tiny bit. I rode my motorcycle today, so I had to leave the records at work, but I'll snap some photos tomorrow night to show what I mean...

If anyone wants to buy my red copy ill do 25 shipped

You selling because of the noise and pops?

I'm tempted to get a 2nd pressing in hopes of a better pressing and selling my red also. But then I would be knowingly selling a bad pressing.

Who else really doesn't like their pressing quality?

Is it just the red copies that are messed up? Is it cause of the swirl? WTFtoii

Maybe Science of Silence can chime in.

I guess we could say should have been done by Mylene Sheath?

I'll gladly take a new one and ship you back this one SOS but im not a happy customer right now. Sorry. :(

That too, but the actual music didnt do much for me. Not sure why since I liked their earlier stuff. But yeah mostly because of the noise.

By the way, I wasn't trying to be rude earlier with my gif, just that I was patiently sitting and waiting to hear what others had to say. As for my copy, I am listening to it right now. Some minor crackling, very few pops. It is pretty much lengthy but quiet in sound. I can here it every so often peak through the music, although I think it is fairly consistent. To be honest I am not sure how critical everyone is nor if it is consistent through multiple records or varies. Regardless I can see where some may not be totally stoked, but I often listen to old Dylan albums which are much worse (albeit not new and 30 years old but still).

I wiped the record and then used my anti-static brush. Seems fairly crackly. Not sure if it is the whole pressing, the colors of the records, or a select few. I imagine if it is fairly common, would it not be the same on the test pressings and all other variants?

Bummed that it is affecting so many people. Definitely would be nice to find out about the second pressing for those interested...although I imagine the same would occur unless new lacquers were cut...or would this be due to the vinyl used, equipment used, or something of that nature? Not sure what really causes this or if it could just be due to lots of variables.