PO - If These Trees Could Talk - Red Forrest 2/2

i'm right there with you keithlee. my red copy sounds horrible because of all of the pops, crackles, and surface noise. i've yet to spin my highlighter yellow copy, but i hope it doesn't have all of the extra noise like my red copy. it's really a pity about my copy, the music is so fucking killer, but it kinda gets ruined by the 'extra' noise.

EDIT: i'd like to add that both of my copies arrived in almost perfect condition with no rips in the jackets and only very very minor rips in the inner sleeves.

liking it so far. reminds me of early this will destroy you and i love them.

Definitely check out their older stuff as well. More raw & unpolished but still has the overall Trees vibe you get on the new album. Each album has really good standout tracks.

why? Mylene Sheath just did ÆGES with Pirates Press. you're fucked either way. ;D

correct me if I am wrong, but isn't all (or at least all I have seen) of mylene's releases pressed using pirates press?

a fair amount were, until the last year or so. Eksi Ekso was maybe the start of plant switching? ÆGES seems to be the first one that has come back to Pirates, unless the Caspian repress was also? i haven't even cracked that box yet. i saw what looked like a metallic gold in the pictures, so i don't have any faith in the pressing :-/

http://www.charliewagers.com/portfolio/red-forest/

not sure if anybody has posted that. will be looking further into this band, really liked red forest.

Charlie Wagers is the man. I've drank coffee and swooned over Anathallo with that bearded fellow.

This sounds like a dream date I'd like to be on.

oh hanaaaa...

i bought one of each variant because i'm an idiot. i'm holding out to listen til my buddy gets his in too, so i don't know how the sound is... but i'd sell one of the variants for $20 ppd--any takers? i like the highlighter one better than the red, so i'd probably keep that one. top of the sleeve has a bit of abrasion from where the record rubbed at it, but it isn't seam-split completely.

correct me if I am wrong, but isn't all (or at least all I have seen) of mylene's releases pressed using pirates press?

a fair amount were, until the last year or so. Eksi Ekso was maybe the start of plant switching? ÆGES seems to be the first one that has come back to Pirates, unless the Caspian repress was also? i haven't even cracked that box yet. i saw what looked like a metallic gold in the pictures, so i don't have any faith in the pressing :-/

as expected, tons of surface noise and pops on this metallic gold Tertia repress. 3 Pirates Press.

http://www.charliewagers.com/portfolio/red-forest/

not sure if anybody has posted that. will be looking further into this band, really liked red forest.

This sounds pretty "constant" in regards when the pops appear...seems like there's one special (colour) part on the lp that evoke this noise...

Still haven't received mine here in Germany but, oh, do I hope I have more lucky...

as expected, tons of surface noise and pops on this metallic gold Tertia repress. 3 Pirates Press.

Hmmm, opinions seem to to go into both directions for this one as well...haven't bought the repress, but crusherdestroyer, sharkticon, lexicondevil & scotty stated that it sounds incredible!

Really seems to be a game of luck here... :-/

I think they are aware of the issue. Maybe they are avoiding it or something idk, they were posting on here before. Regardless mine is not too bad, but I could definitely see where some would be bummed out. Hopefully they use a different plant or something for the next pressing. Would probably be additional costs but also may be the right thing to do if it will fix the "problem".

Best of luck to those who contacted them.

PS: Just a suggestion, but I am all for people discussing issues and stuff here, although sometimes out of respect and chances of carrying on a constructive discussion, it is best to personally contact them and keep it on a personal respectful manner. I know some people do not believe in that, but typically it is more beneficial to your cause to contact them via email or private message.

really? mine wasn't too bad when i spun it the other day.