PO - If These Trees Could Talk - Red Forrest 2/2

not trying to ruin trades for some people, but here's some great news from the Trees' facebook:

"Rumor has it that the good folks at The Mylene Sheath will be repressing the EP on vinyl, with preorders happening in April with delivery by May. Above, Below will likely get the repress treatment as well, but a bit further down the road. Should be sweet."

not trying to ruin trades for some people, but here's some great news from the Trees' facebook:

"Rumor has it that the good folks at The Mylene Sheath will be repressing the EP on vinyl, with preorders happening in April with delivery by May. Above, Below will likely get the repress treatment as well, but a bit further down the road. Should be sweet."

Yeah I saw that tweet from them as well. But I had heard rumblings this was happening a while back.

I would still be willing to trade a tour press of the new album for Above the Earth though.

So to geezfools, if you really would trade a copy of ATEBTS, pm me and maybe we can work something out (if I were to get a copy of the tour press).

So to geezfools, if you really would trade a copy of ATEBTS, pm me and maybe we can work something out (if I were to get a copy of the tour press).

Didn't you and I discuss the very same thing via pm? Just wondering if you are taking the highest bidder or just securing multiple options.

Not trying to instigate anything just genuinely curious, because I was planning on attempting to secure a second copy to trade with you (I just bought my first).

Although I will not go through the trouble if you have a list of people backed up and are wanting to go somewhere else in the event you do get one or two or three, or perhaps none.

It is no sweat off my back and I will just keep my eyes open for others floating around if that is the case. Best of luck getting a few at the show, everyone here seems anxious to get a copy.

Didn't you and I discuss the very same thing via pm? Just wondering if you are taking the highest bidder or just securing multiple options.

Not trying to instigate anything just genuinely curious, because I was planning on attempting to secure a second copy to trade with you (I just bought my first).

Although I will not go through the trouble if you have a list of people backed up and are wanting to go somewhere else in the event you do get one or two or three, or perhaps none.

It is no sweat off my back and I will just keep my eyes open for others floating around if that is the case. Best of luck getting a few at the show, everyone here seems anxious to get a copy.

You definitely got to me first. You just said that you "might" be able to get that.

I'm not trying to string people along. If you are able to come up with it, I'll def give you first dibs. And geezfools would be next in line if it doesn't work out.

I would hate for you to get that record and I'm unable to get a copy though. So I guess if you can hold off till I know for sure, do that.

Also, if for some reason they have a stack for sale and I can get more than 2, then I can probably trade with both of you guys.

No problem, thanks for the clarification. I will keep my eyes open for a second copy and no worries if unable to trade or do not get them cause worse case I can sell it.

Regardless I am still down for paying cash for a copy. Although I am all about fairness and I think two or three people posted before me.

I am uber patient so I am not too worried if I do not get one right away, nor will I be torn if I never track one down since I have one of the variants pre-ordered.

:)

I am actually more jealous you get to see em live. I would not mind the chance to check em out. Easily (and quickly since I only started listening a month or two ago) one of my favorite instrumental outfits. I still have a lot of bands to check out though.

Yeah I had never even heard of them (let alone know they were from 20 minutes from where I live) until I saw them open for Russian Circles last fall. I had never been more impressed by a band I had never heard of before.

I hope you get to see them live some day. This will be my third time. Again, I benefit from living by them. Supposedly they're playing most or all of the new album at this show too.

Thanks for the info. So stoked about this. Yeah, some folks are treating these like they're made out of pure gold. Now that Sheath is repressing it, all of us who missed these records can get them for a reasonable price. ;D

they've been talking about a repress for over a year, I've never been able to figure out why labels don't go for the easy cash grab. And I know there is more to it than just sending off some cash for a repress and this is no dig at the L&J, because a fuck load of labels do it. I've sent offers to labels saying I'll screen print all the jackets for free if they'll take care of the vinyl, just to see a repress and shit just doesn't happen.

From their twitter/facebook...

Bad News/Good News: It appears we will NOT have the band-exclusive "Red Forest" vinyl at the release show, BUT, we decided that we will take orders for them anyways at said show (We WILL have them in Europe). We will have a limited number of copies to sell, and we will ship them to you as soon as we receive them (a week or two after the show). Also, we will be raffling off a test press of "Red Forest" to anyone who makes a merch purchase at the show. Hope to see a lot of you there!

So im prob gonna put in for 2 copies if i can...1for me and 1 to trade

Just wanted to update everyone on the status of the vinyl. See below.

1) There was a delay in production so the vinyl will be shipping probably two weeks after the "street date," shooting for the first week of April to get them out.

2) Anyone that pre-ordered the vinyl will be getting a digital download of Red Forest on 3/20.

3) The band will be offering a limited amount of orders for the tour press of Red Forest at the record release show on 3/16. It will cost $20, shipping included.

4) The band will be raffling off a test press of Red Forest to anyone who makes a merch purchase at the record release show. There were 10 test presses made (5 for the band members, 5 for the label).