Andrew Jackson Jihad Full Band Tour

cesar11

[image]

[image]

Hey Gang!

So, yesterday I mentioned that we would have some news to share. Here it is:

WE”RE GOING ON ANOTHER TOUR

The tour will be done in two 3-week legs, the first one covering the West coast, some Midwest, and some CANADA!!! The second will cover the South, East Coast, some more Midwest, and MORE CANADA!! Today we are going to talk about the first leg:

We are incredibly lucky to be touring with Laura Stevenson & the Cans and ROAR for this leg, and we look forward to hanging out and playing music with them for three weeks.

We are going to be touring with a full band this time. We have enlisted 3 of our amazing friends who played on Knife Man to come help us out live, they are Deacon Blue Batchelor, Owen Evans, and Preston Bryant. These guys also make up %75 of ROAR (hint, Ben is the other %25). Worry not though, purists, we will still play plenty of songs as an acoustic 2 person band for a portion of the set.

One last thing, we are currently assembling a new collection of songs that we have released but are now out of print or hard to find. Fingers crossed that this will come out by the tour. I think we can do it.

A few notes about the shows:

-> Before our 21+ show in Seattle, we are working on finding a place to do an all ages matinee show

-> We are ever grateful to be sharing the stage in Omaha with the amazing Cheap Girls

-> The show in San Diego is a benefit for the Che Cafe

Thank you for reading, we will have ticket links and the second leg up very soon.

-sean

• 1 month later...
Gonna try to hit up the AZ date. Never been to a show at the Crescent Theater, so interested to check that out.

Seen them do full band shows a few times, has always been a good time.

So I just realized that this show is the same day as this: http://www.chandlerbbq.com/index.html

Sorry, AJJ.

• 3 weeks later...
Saw them last night at the Troubadour. Was super good, although weird to see kids crowd surf to acoustic folk songs. The tour exclusive release was CD only, I picked up a copy.

same here. every time I've see them there's always crowd surfing going on. ehh. so glad they played "Joe Arpaio Is A Punk" and "Heartilation" too.

The crowd was definitely younger than I expected. I always figured AJJ fans were 25-30 year olds with drinking problems. Speaking of which, once they went electric the lady and I headed upstairs to the adult day-care seating and saw a blasted drunk gentlemen in his 50s be carried out by his 15 yr old son and his 2 friends.

It was like looking into my future..