What's your best find?

What's everyone's best find? Mine would have to be Naked Raygun's "Home" 7 inch on clear green vinyl for a buck at Cow records in Ocean beach. Not in mint condition, the sleeve was a little banged up because raygun always seemed to put out their singles in paper sleeve. But considering there was only one pressing and it was in 89 it was in pretty good condition for a buck! and the record itself was supreme! being a raygun fanatic i was thrilled. 2nd best would be Alkaline Trio's Halloween 7 inch for 40 bucks on ebay. Doesn't sound like a steal but thats a tough one to find under $100 because the only place you could get it was at the halloween show at the metro in chicago. Skiba's cover of "halloween" was pretty cheesy but the trio's cover of "Children In Heat" on side be is pretty cool if you ask me, actually sounds more like old bad religion doing the cover.

What's everyone's best find? Mine would have to be Naked Raygun's "Home" 7 inch on clear green vinyl for a buck at Cow records in Ocean beach. Not in mint condition, the sleeve was a little banged up because raygun always seemed to put out their singles in paper sleeve. But considering there was only one pressing and it was in 89 it was in pretty good condition for a buck! and the record itself was supreme! being a raygun fanatic i was thrilled. 2nd best would be Alkaline Trio's Halloween 7 inch for 40 bucks on ebay. Doesn't sound like a steal but thats a tough one to find under $100 because the only place you could get it was at the halloween show at the metro in chicago. Skiba's cover of "halloween" was pretty cheesy but the trio's cover of "Children In Heat" on side be is pretty cool if you ask me, actually sounds more like old bad religion doing the cover.

$40 is about the normal price of this.

$80 on ebay for all of the following. I even talked the guy down a bit.

Thursday - War All of the Time

Thursday - Full Collapse (purple)

Thursday - Five Stories Falling

Thursday - Counting 5-4-3-2-1 single in blue & red

Thursday/Thrice - Split

Thursday/Envy - Split

...and Thursday - Doves 10" (249/250)

Years ago, I got Modest Mouse's first album used for 4 bucks. At the time, they weren't who they are now but I liked them a bunch. I still like that album and the next one but I Kinda lost interest in them over the years and ended up selling it on eBay for 250. Financially, that's my biggest score.

Found Touche Amore's "to the beat of a dead horse" First Press on black at my local Goodwill for $1.

Who would take that record to goodwill?! I mean I get donating Herb Alpert and whatever else 50s-70s records, but I've never seen a record under 20 years old at my goodwill.

Sealed copies of Adios Amigos by Ramones and Don't Worry About Me by Joey Ramone for $12 a piece in late '10.

Nice. I got Adios Amigos for 3000 yen (75 yen to the dollar). I put in on eBay for $100 and then thought what the fuck was I doing and kept it.

Then I got a sealed Don't worry about me 2 days ago for 4000 yen. (much cheaper than the current going rate on discogs)

Years ago, I got Modest Mouse's first album used for 4 bucks. At the time, they weren't who they are now but I liked them a bunch. I still like that album and the next one but I Kinda lost interest in them over the years and ended up selling it on eBay for 250. Financially, that's my biggest score.

Holy crap