What's your best find?

Now that's fucking beautiful. Where at??

I can't remember the name of the shop at the moment, it was some hole in the wall in a grocery plaza near Mellie's house in New Jersey. The owner mentioned that they had both probably been sitting there since they had first been released. I love finding records like that where they've been sitting for nearly 2 decades untouched!

Nice. I got Adios Amigos for 3000 yen (75 yen to the dollar). I put in on eBay for $100 and then thought what the fuck was I doing and kept it.

Then I got a sealed Don't worry about me 2 days ago for 4000 yen. (much cheaper than the current going rate on discogs)

Yeah, the cheapest JR solo copy is going for like, $80 I think? That's the cheapest it's been in awhile though. The only record I still need is Acid Eaters and I'll have a complete Ramones collection!

That rules. There's a few select things I'd like to grab. My dad's actually got Acid Eaters (he's a huge life-long fan). Still looking for a nice copy of Adios, though. Ended up buying a sealed copy of JR for $60 + one of my bands cds from a friend who writes for a blog called Critical Mass. That record's very sad, but phenomenal.

I just got in the mail Fastbreak - Whenever Youre Ready on Yellow (226) from a discogs user, i would classify this as a pretty damn good find because when this rarely does pop up on eBay it usually goes for between $50-$70 and he was selling it for $22, needless to say pretty damn excited to get this.

I can't remember the name of the shop at the moment, it was some hole in the wall in a grocery plaza near Mellie's house in New Jersey. The owner mentioned that they had both probably been sitting there since they had first been released. I love finding records like that where they've been sitting for nearly 2 decades untouched!

Yeah, the cheapest JR solo copy is going for like, $80 I think? That's the cheapest it's been in awhile though. The only record I still need is Acid Eaters and I'll have a complete Ramones collection!

That rules. There's a few select things I'd like to grab. My dad's actually got Acid Eaters (he's a huge life-long fan). Still looking for a nice copy of Adios, though. Ended up buying a sealed copy of JR for $60 + one of my bands cds from a friend who writes for a blog called Critical Mass. That record's very sad, but phenomenal.

I agree. I cracked open the JR to listen to but kept the Acid Eaters sealed (mainly because it was one of the few exceptions where I felt compelled to get a record for completist reasons combined with how much of a steal it was. As for the songs, definitely not the bang the group should have gone out with).

I've had some luck with Red House Painters records:

I managed to find "The Rollercoaster" for £14 from amazon.uk 8-)

A local seller was selling a bundle that included "The Bridge" and some 80's crap like Housemartins, The Style Council, Simple Minds etc. I bought the bundle for $30, kept the RHP record and sold the crap to local record shop for $40. :P

• 3 months later...

I was a HUGE Whiskeytown fan long before most folks knew who Ryan Adams was. I bought every single one of their 7"s at their original prices ($2-4) when they first came out... This would be "Angels EP" (on MoodFood), "Theme For A Trucker" double (Bloodshot), and "Car Songs" split with Neko Case (Bloodshot again).

SO... Total investment=$8.... Current market value (I think)=$400+ :)

the finds that excited me the most, that i can remember off the top of my head:

the national - cherry tree 10" (red) - $2.95 (this was before it was reressed)

coheed and cambria - iksse (black) - $9.95

sharks keep moving - s/t (black) - $1.95

jimmy eat world - static prevails (w/7") - $4.95 (this was like 10 years ago though)

the finds that excited me the most, that i can remember off the top of my head:

the national - cherry tree 10" (red) - $2.95 (this was before it was reressed)

coheed and cambria - iksse (black) - $9.95

sharks keep moving - s/t (black) - $1.95

jimmy eat world - static prevails (w/7") - $4.95 (this was like 10 years ago though)

How did you manage under $10 for iksse?

Some really weak "best finds" in this thread.

Also, buying something on ebay or discogs does not count as a find. Neither does buying something when it is new or unknown, then holding on to it for a couple years til it is more sought after.

Depends with the Discogs comment. A lot of people don't realize what they have and combined with some less informed ebayers, you can get the perfect storm on "best finds" if it's a monetary thing. Geez, half the time you can make some pretty good coin just buying off Discogs and flipping on eBay.

I have numerous purchases from Discogs that I could probably at least double, even triple my money on if I wanted. Of course, I don't want to, but the point stands.

Depends with the Discogs comment. A lot of people don't realize what they have and combined with some less informed ebayers, you can get the perfect storm on "best finds" if it's a monetary thing. Geez, half the time you can make some pretty good coin just buying off Discogs and flipping on eBay.

I have numerous purchases from Discogs that I could probably at least double, even triple my money on if I wanted. Of course, I don't want to, but the point stands.

You didn't find anything though when something pops up in your discogs wantlist or ebay search. Discogs or ebay found it for you.

A find is something you come across when digging thru thousands of records at a store or shop. Usually not something you were looking for in particular.