brand new pressing

yea im not really sure either. didnt know there was clear press. im pretty certain there were only 100 on white and thats supposed to be the rarest color. the numbers for the other 2 colors might be off but i know for sure that blue is more rare than black.

yea i think in terms of rarity its white, blue, clear, black

I don't know where the clear comes in, but when I orderd the blue from their website in spring 2002 the colors available were white, blue, and black

Okay, my numbers are off -- just did some more digging on iodinerecordings.com through the wonder of archive.org, and here's what it says:

6/30/02 -- The Re-Release of Brand New's debut full length is finally here. This LP features the un-released bonus Track "My Nine Rides Shotgun". The vinyl is limited to 100 on White and 500 on Blue!!

So the first press is definitely 100/white and 500/blue. Then:

12/26/02 -- Due to a great demand for the colored Brand New LP (your favorite weapon), we have decided to repress the record on CLEAR Vinyl. The new pressing will be limited to only 300 copies, and will only be available for limited time via mailorder.

So it's a safe bet clear/300 was the second pressing, based on the timeline.

However, I've gone through every version of the page up through when the label folded, and there is never any mention of a black pressing, nor what it's numbers were.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Scott, your first quote says it's a re-release. So maybe black is the first press? Or is the re-release referring to the CD and it was the first press for the LP?

I'm 99% sure it's referring to the CD being the release and the LP being the re-release. I pre-ordered this record on white as soon as Newbury Comics had it available on their website (they were handling orders back then), so I'm positive the first pressing was white/blue.

i bought my black copy when i saw brand new on tour on july 26th 2002

so it was obviously part of the first press because the repress wasnt done til december of that year, but maybe they were just for tour? since they didnt sell black on the website

That's a good possibility -- I am, without a doubt, 100% certain only white and blue were offered when YFW first went on sale, though. So maybe black was /400 (which would make the first pressing 1000 -- which seems reasonable)?

Thoughts?