Thrice Farewell Tour

cesar11

They casted a vote on their site when they announced their farewell tour. You could vote for your favourite songs to be played since a majority of the fans stopped listening after The Artist in the Ambulance. There's a good chance very few would be played. I went to the last show at HOB Anaheim and they ended with Phoenix Ignition and To Awake and Avenge the Dead. It was a small dose of nostalgia.

I hope they end the show I'm going to with some sort of extended version of T&C. Does anyone know if they're also recording a live DVD with the upcoming live album?

You could vote for your favourite songs to be played since a majority of the fans stopped listening after The Artist in the Ambulance.

Uhhh what?? They've only become bigger since then. How do you figure they lost most of their fanbase?

I mean there are the douches that go to every show and complain in the background about them only playing new stuff, but generally speaking, I'd say you're wrong.

You could vote for your favourite songs to be played since a majority of the fans stopped listening after The Artist in the Ambulance.

Uhhh what?? They've only become bigger since then. How do you figure they lost most of their fanbase?

I mean there are the douches that go to every show and complain in the background about them only playing new stuff, but generally speaking, I'd say you're wrong.

They have become bigger, I agree. I meant the fans who were there before Vheissu, a majority of them ditched them because of their new sound. This is from my point of view whenever I talk about Thrice with anyone. They all like TAITA because it was their most mainstream sounding album.

I've been listening to them ever since Identity Crisis and grew up with their sound.

They have become bigger, I agree. I meant the fans who were there before Vheissu, a majority of them ditched them because of their new sound. This is from my point of view whenever I talk about Thrice with anyone. They all like TAITA because it was their most mainstream sounding album.

I've been listening to them ever since Identity Crisis and grew up with their sound.

I understand both sides. They have a huge punk following that hated the fact that they changed their sound after TAITA. (exaple: The ones that only yell "Deadbolt" at shows.)

I agree, they have just got better. I have been a loyal fan from the beginning. Heck I even have the "First Impressions" CD I bought from them in '99. I think "Vheissu" is the point when they started to truly show talented they really are.

They have evolved into a band that can play whatever they want, whether spiritual or not, and their fans love it.

I saw them yesterday at the Groezrock (and Dustin solo the day before at the same festival) and they were incredible good! too bad I won´t see them for a long time!

songs they played were Yellow Belly, The Artist In The Ambulance, Phoenix Ignition, Deadbolt, The Image Of The Invisible, Stare At The Sun, The Weight, The Earth Will Shake, Promises, The Messenger and closed their set beautifully with Anthology! these are the songs I remember off my head.. maybe I forgot one or two!

that gives you an idea..

London show. Yeah...let's party.

Yellow Belly

Image of the Invisible

The Artist in the Ambulance

Silhouette

The Weight

Identity Crisis

Promises

In Exile

Red Sky

Firebreather

The Messenger

Broken Lungs

Words in the Water

Stare at the Sun

Deadbolt

To Awake and Avenge the Dead

All the World Is Mad

Helter Skelter

Beggars

Encore 1:

Come All You Weary

Phoenix Ignition

The Earth Will Shake

Anthology

Encore 2:

T & C

There's a rumor floating around that during one of the Anaheim shows, they're gonna play Illusion in its entirety. Doubt it but thatll be cool if they do.

now that would rule! I've got nothing against the new stuff - I like it a lot. Its just a lot of those songs sans the extra identity crisis tracks were pretty much played on tours for beggars or major / minor in some variation. Helter skelter is a classic (obviously) but they should scratch that too and play one of their own songs being that its a final tour. Who knows - maybe they're gonna mix it up a bit each night.

Hands down best Thrice performance I've seen.

For those interested, it was something like a 2 hour set. Below is what they played off their older albums, and mixed in all the normal newer stuff.

Off Identity Crisis: Identity Crisis, Phoenix Ignition, T&C

Off Illusion: Deadbolt, To Awake and Avenge the Dead

Off Artist: Stare at the Sun, Artist

Dustin Solo = Please Come Home, New Song (crowns something), Consider The Ravens, Down There By The Train

Illusion in its entirety would be awesome. Part of my ideal set list includes Kill Me Quickly, The Red Death, Where Idols Once Stood and So Strange I Remember You.

Going to see them on Saturday, and I would love to hear The Red Death. Anybody know if they're mixing up their setlists on this tour, or just playing the same basic set every night?

London show. Yeah...let's party.

Yellow Belly

Image of the Invisible

The Artist in the Ambulance

Silhouette

The Weight

Identity Crisis

Promises

In Exile

Red Sky

Firebreather

The Messenger

Broken Lungs

Words in the Water

Stare at the Sun

Deadbolt

To Awake and Avenge the Dead

All the World Is Mad

Helter Skelter

Beggars

Encore 1:

Come All You Weary

Phoenix Ignition

The Earth Will Shake

Anthology

Encore 2:

T & C

Holy Crap! This just made me soo excited for when I see them. I love that they did the voting thing which based on this set list seems like they've created a sweet mix of everything!