netflix suggestions?

my netflix queue (disc only) is pretty much empty and I need to validate my continual payments. Anyone have any good suggestions? I just added Martha Marcy May Marlene. I recently watched Rare Exports and Hesher, both were good. FYI: No need to suggest Red Dawn i already own a copy.

Instant, right? Trailer Park Boys, or anything from AMC (Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead).

If you are only interested in movies, I suggest getting the IMDB top 250 and watching what you can off there. Also, wikipedia the best picture award winners/nominees and see what you can find.

one of the best but most unheard of movies I've seen in the past 5 or 6 years was Oldboy. Its foreign so there are subtitles but you don't even notice them after 5 minutes. They have been trying to remake this in the US for the past 3 years but it has hit snags a few times. See it now if you haven't already.

one of the best but most unheard of movies I've seen in the past 5 or 6 years was Oldboy. Its foreign so there are subtitles but you don't even notice them after 5 minutes. They have been trying to remake this in the US for the past 3 years but it has hit snags a few times. See it now if you haven't already.

^^^^^^

One of my favorite movies of all time. I'm not looking forward to a remake, though.

Oh, and as not to derail the thread, check out Ip Man. I've been watching a lot of martial arts flicks, so I'm not sure if you're into that or not.

Moon was also a real good one, relatively unknown;

Btw do you use the ratings? Apparently I've rated over 1100 movies, so generally anything recommended by Netflix which shows my expected rating to be under 3 stars is not something I am going to rent, anything over 3.5 I usually check out. It tends to be pretty darn accurate too.

seen american movie and oldboy. good stuff. will check out bronson. I am not sure if every one will dig the spiritual overtones, but i dug Hesher. I want a metallica riff when i walk in a room. The swedish version of let the right one in recommended. Red Dawn of course and Children of Men is excellent. However, i would have thought a world without children would have more utopian.

already on the breaking bad. best thing in tv.

There are 2 more movies that follow Oldboy.

There are 2 more movies that follow Oldboy.

wow I just looked these up.. found them both already in my queue but had no idea they were the sequels.

wow I just looked these up.. found them both already in my queue but had no idea they were the sequels.

They're not necessarily sequels, they just share a common theme. Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance is wicked good.

Yeah, no so much direct or related, but they are all part of the vengeance trilogy.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':09r36312]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':09r36312]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

brick was really weird--i didn't understand most of the slangy dialogue for like the first 30 minutes or so but caught on and ended up really enjoying it.

it's supposed to be like modern noire or some shit.

i remember really enjoying it, but barely remember the movie at all.