Graveface Charity Subscription Series

yshf

I'm only interested in the Whirr split. Will these be available individually?

Only from select independent retail. Direct you'll be able to buy them as a full shebang or packs of two.

hey you wouldn't happen to have any "so i ate myself" LPs laying around would you? because i would totally buy one. and i will now name drop Eda (i work with her on ap.net) because she's the one who got me into dreamend.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am a little disappointed that The Appleseed Cast release is basically a single for the next album. They've been showing many iteration of the song's progress on bandcamp, and a demo is on the Confessions Under Water comp, granted it's a minute longer. At least it's a good song. I've really been liking Haley Bonar since Golder was released, so her songs are welcomed. Mike Watt is grooving and cool, of course.

Thanks mameeshkamowskwoz for bringing this back up. 

I haven't gotten much feedback on the series as a whole from the folks that have been so kind to buy in.  Is anyone even digging the tunes?  Personal favs are the Mount Eerie, Serengeti w/ Tobacco, Whirr, Bonar & Ian McCutcheon tunes.  Also, I think the new Appleseed stuff is leagues above and beyond their last few records.  So from a fan perspective, it's been an honor to put this stuff out.  From a business perspective, it seems like it would have been wiser to simply do a Kickstarter. 

Regardless, I wouldn't say the Appleseed 7" is simply a single for the new record as our tracklisting hasn't been turned in yet.  Aaaand, even if that track ends up on the full length, it'd be a different version as their final recording sessions happened after we made the 7".  So let's not naysay just yet!  Mastering happens next week.  What I can say is that there are 5 tracks on the next Appleseed record that are, in my opinion, 5 of the best songs they've ever put out.  Easily.  And this is coming from a massive Appleseed Cast fan.  So there's that. 

Back to the charity series.  Thanks to those that have been a part of it.  I hope you've enjoyed the series, even just a little bit. 

Wee!

Ryan

I've really enjoyed it and getting the Record Club Full Monty was totally the way to go!

The colors have been spectacular!!
I've pretty much dug everything, but Dosh, Monster Movie, Whirr, Dreamend/Marshmallow Ghosts and Hospital Ships have been standouts.
Now that the Holiday craziness has ramped down and I'm back at work I hope to get a chance to check out the Appleseed Cast, Haley Bonar and Mike Watt tunes.
The only one I haven't really been crazy about is the Xiu Xiu one... I've tried numerous times to get into his stuff, but most of it eludes me... I picked up that remix 7" with Kid606 and Deerhoof (both of which I adore) but the only Jamie Stewart thing I've really dug on has been Blue Water White Death; Gall is one of the most achingly beautiful/eerie songs I've ever heard.

Don't get me wrong, I really like The Appleseed Cast song, and I've been really into seeing their transparency in the process of writing it. I like seeing it in it's almost finalized form since it does sound like an interesting new direction. I just had my expectations in a different place. As far as the rest of the series, I love it! From the interesting subscriber color variants to all the nice music it has introduced me to (as well as the known favorites), and I've always enjoyed the little bits and bobs thrown into the mailorder.

I do agree Xiu Xiu is more on its unsettling side, but I appreciate it as something that genuinely throws me for a loop and evokes strong feelings. It seems that's always been a big draw for them.