Hot Water Music "Exister" - May 15th

I do not know where the hell you guys get your facts from. People here gossip and make up stories worse than high school girls.

The distros give us one sheets. That is when we post products. Sometimes the distros and the labels don't communicate and the distros give us the one sheets before the labels want us to have them. How the hell am I supposed to know. Some of these labels and the distros are the ones who have to get their shit together. No one is rushing to beat the labels pre order! That is just ridiculous.

In the case of Hot Water Music EVERYONE was asked to put the pre order up on Friday March 30th so I am not sure why IVWT is selling it for weeks now. HOWEVER last night the distro notified (after work hours) us that the label now wants to wait until Monday maybe Tuesday. We will of course comply.

Comedy.

Your fucking race to be first has bitten you before yet you guys have no problem continuing to post PO's the second you hear about things.

I can remember at least two times where POs have gone up, the labels have complained, and then the POs come down. Maybe you should talk directly to them and not go off one-sheets.

Or just stop pre-orders, because they're shady and we run into stuff like RJ's fuck-fest.

Go out of business please.

Dude, wouldn't it technically be the distributor's responsibility to check with the label to see when they want one-sheets/product solicitations going out to online stores? It's not like SRC is hunting for release dates and cover art on Tumblr or something—they're getting sales information sent directly to them from their sales reps at distribution companies. If a label is mad, they should talk to the company they use to distribute their records to places like SRC, not bitch and moan about SRC doing what they're supposed to do, which is sell records.

Do you have this much vitriol for Amazon? They do literally the EXACT SAME THING.

Comedy.

Your fucking race to be first has bitten you before yet you guys have no problem continuing to post PO's the second you hear about things.

I can remember at least two times where POs have gone up, the labels have complained, and then the POs come down. Maybe you should talk directly to them and not go off one-sheets.

Or just stop pre-orders, because they're shady and we run into stuff like RJ's fuck-fest.

Go out of business please.

Dude, wouldn't it technically be the distributor's responsibility to check with the label to see when they want one-sheets/product solicitations going out to online stores? It's not like SRC is hunting for release dates and cover art on Tumblr or something—they're getting sales information sent directly to them from their sales reps at distribution companies. If a label is mad, they should talk to the company they use to distribute their records to places like SRC, not bitch and moan about SRC doing what they're supposed to do, which is sell records.

Do you have this much vitriol for Amazon? They do literally the EXACT SAME THING.

I don't see Amazon actively hunting for customers by promoting their pre-orders. They just passively put them up, and on top of that, they're a massive company. I'm not defending them necessarily, but pointing out that SRC gets the sheet and gets a boner because they have the ability to get a jump on every other company. Plus, this is their specialty, they know about records and should have an idea.

Mostly its the way SRC goes about what they do. Remember when they were all about customer service back when Virgil still had the board? Now they're just fuck-ups with no morals.

No Idea tweeted that they are getting in two different exclusive versions now. No more info than that.

Yes. Jennifer tells me that there will be 500 of each color. If you want one of each, just mention that in the comments section. (White vinyl is the recent addition.)

The first batch has been going quickly enough that she realized we would need more by the time they arrived... so a second batch was added. That said, you can still get the first color if you like. Or just the new color. Or both.

I really like the record, in case anyone wants to know, haha!

No Idea tweeted that they are getting in two different exclusive versions now. No more info than that.

Yes. Jennifer tells me that there will be 500 of each color. If you want one of each, just mention that in the comments section. (White vinyl is the recent addition.)

The first batch has been going quickly enough that we realized we would need more by the time they arrived... so a second batch was added. That said, you can still get the first color if you like. Or just the new color. Or both.

Is Drag My Body a good indicator of the overall direction?

The first batch has been going quickly enough that we realized we would need more by the time they arrived... so a second batch was added. That said, you can still get the first color if you like. Or just the new color. Or both.

I pegged that song and one other as stand outs, meaning songs that really jumped out. I think the intensity is a good indicator, but as a song it is unique. (I think it is cool that it ended up being the debut song though.) I feel that the record has great diversity, zero pandering, and delivers what I want from a HWM album: familiar threads with a different twist, a few unexpected turns... and lots of direct, warm sounds... and honesty. Everything is clear, yet has the edges intact. Guitars up, drums up, guitars up. Nothing overshadowed or pale. Haha. (I am purposely leaving out details in lieu of merely showing my enthusiasm. If I thought it was a turkey, I'd keep my gobble shut, haha!) This is a good one.

I pegged that song and one other as stand outs, meaning songs that really jumped out. I think the intensity is a good indicator, but as a song it is unique. (I think it is cool that it ended up being the debut song though.) I feel that the record has great diversity, zero pandering, and delivers what I want from a HWM album: familiar threads with a different twist, a few unexpected turns... and lots of direct, warm sounds... and honesty. Everything is clear, yet has the edges intact. Guitars up, drums up, guitars up. Nothing overshadowed or pale. Haha. (I am purposely leaving out details in lieu of merely showing my enthusiasm. If I thought it was a turkey, I'd keep my gobble shut, haha!) This is a good one.

that just got me very pumped. i think i read a review saying take no prisoners and paid in full are pretty intense. would one of those happen to be the other stand out you talk about?