Sad Bastard Bummer Music

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rustic Bullshit just got/is getting pressed vinyl. It was supposed to be done last week. This thread reminded me to order it just now. /100.

Some others.

Shores - To Volstead or anything else really

Bedhead. Transaction de Novo is my favorite, especially the song More Than Ever.

There's also a demo I like a lot by a guy that goes by Me and You. Sad acoustic of the emo variety with some harmonica and other stuff. It's really good. I can't seem to find anywhere to download it at all. I'll upload it if that is something that interests you.

What I consider to be in this category that I am in to: (I hope you already know most of these...)

Aidan Knight

Ambo

Ashes Divide

Big Black Delta

Black Lungs (first album)

Breather

Burial

City and Colour

Delta-S

Dustin Kensrue

Level (aka lvl) (dude... if you can tolerate anything electronic this is tear your fucking heart out shit)

Listener

Massive Attack

Mellowdrone

mewithoutYou

Modwheelmood

nearLY

Neverending White Lights

Nine Inch Nails

O'Brother

A Perfect Circle

Sonoio

Sstaria

Starflyer 59

Teargas & Plateglass (more bleak/oppressive than sad)

Tweaker

EDIT: Note that this is NOT (only) based on genre for me, it has a lot to do with lyrical content and the more... intangible? aspects of "tone". Some bands on my list are probably considered out of left field because of this.

"Sun Kil Moon - Carry Me Ohio" always gets me down.

hahaha i came here to post Sun Kil Moon - "Heron Blue". i love the man and all of his music, but he's always so sad.

edit: almost all of City and Colour's "Bring Me Your Love" is about hitting the bottle hard and wanting to die, if you're not into that band at all.

I bought 3 copies of that Talons' LP just to make sure I will always have a copy. Going to wear the shit out of it. I got them in on Saturday, they sound really good.

Never listened to Shores or Bedhead. Definitely will check out.

Codeine is amazing.

I really want to get into City & The Colour but never liked it. Will revisit the album above. Sounds exactly like what I want.

Good call. Just grabbed that Talons LP.

Same. I wish I could just pick it up from him, since last time he shipped it from the same post office I use.