Moss Icon 2xCD/3xLP Discography Out May 8th

http://www.the1stfive.com/news/moss-icon-reunites-to-release-discography-collection-and-peform-at-chaos-in-tejas

Out on May 8th on Temporary Residence

Moss Icon Discography Track List:

1. Mirror

2. I’m Back Sleeping, Or Fucking, Or Something

3. Divinity Cove

4. Locket

5. As Afterwards The Words Still Ring

6. Lyburnum – Wit’s End (Liberation Fly)

7. Cricketty Rise (Haverton Roads – Browns And Greens)

8. Happy (Unbounded Glory)

9. The Life

10. Kick The Can

11. Memorial

12. Moth

13. Guatemala

14. Gravity

15. As Afterwards, The Words Still Ring

16. Familiar Presides

17. Hate In Me

18. What They Lack

19. Kiss The Girls And Make Them Die

Nice. it's about time. It's good to hear that they're playing more shows than chaos in tejas. I read a local dc interview with Tonie Joy a while back and i believe he stated the opposite. The blogged and quartered site put up a nice Moss Icon live set and other stuff up a while back, worth checking out. Now, someone just has to put out a greyhouse discography!

I wish TRR would take over the Hated discography as well, although supposedly someone new has taken it over.

colin from the hated posts on collective zine occasionally. he posted this a couple of months back....

OK, it's looking like a May 2012 release for a huge fuck-off boxset and a simple 2-cd set -- the 2-cd is planned to be affordable, $20 or so. Negotiating paperwork now (this is primarily a reissue label that has worked with artists who have been absurdly exploited by other record companies in the past, so they do everything very correctly -- which is fine by me) and I will tell y'all who it is when things are signed. (Nobody has guessed the label yet.)

Pre-order is up on TRL !

http://temporaryresidence.com/descriptions/trr201.php

The has only official studio recordings. No live tracks, no demos, no Breathing Walker. -- no sioux day, cornflower blue, etc...

VINYL FORMAT INCLUDES FREE MP3 DOWNLOAD COUPON

WHILE SUPPLES LAST, WE HAVE TWO DIFFERENT COLORED VINYL VARIANTS AVAILABLE:

- AB CLEAR / CD CLEAR w/ BLACK HAZE / EF BLACK (LTD. EDITION 200)

- AB WHITE / CD WHITE w/ BLACK HAZE / EF BLACK (LTD. EDITION 200)

In the mid-late 1980s, Moss Icon pioneered a progressive, highly emotive sound that stood in stark contrast to just about everything even remotely considered punk-rock at the time. In retrospect, they more resembled an inspired marriage of the bleak post-punk leanings of Joy Division with the raucous riffage of the Wipers, albeit considerably less accessible thanks to Moss Icon's more sinister tone, exploratory arrangements, and frontman Jonathan Vance's almost stream-of-conscious sociopolitical rampages. In the decades since Moss Icon's disbandment, bootlegged t-shirts and patches have been easier to come by than actual recordings, and the Internet is filled with misconceptions and misinformation, incidentally lending an enigmatic, almost mythical status to the band. Rather than attempt to pull back the curtain, this collection - compiling the group's entire official catalog - serves to permanently document the very important contributions of one very important group from a very formative era of underground music.

** now just waiting on the SWIZ discography and HWM Live in Chicago 3xLP. be sure to write your congressman to get me a raise.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...