PO:Dustin Kensrue-Please Come Home via ETR on 3/8

Randomly went to ETR storenvy and it was back up, was able to snag one although think it was the last... Keep checking back though

yea, im having an issue with the store right now. They are sold out and are actually oversold by 15 copies but i refunded the one guy with 10 copies so it should be fine. Regardless it is sold out via our store and hopefully it wont say otherwise unless there is an error and those will be refunded unfortunately.

Any order placed before this message was posted is fine though

I really am not focusing on the value of the dollar, I'm just saying this dude is always finding ways to make an extra buck...no pun intended. Whether it be post the same shit in his stores on ebay for more, or countless other things. I've seen each of his releases and there has always been weird things with them. I know it's a small dollar amount, and I know that it seems like a pointless thing to bring up, but I feel that his business practices have been sketchy at best in the past for numerous reasons. Smite me if you want, but I'm not making up this idea in my head. I know certain people other than me have noticed it too.

Randomly went to ETR storenvy and it was back up, was able to snag one although think it was the last... Keep checking back though

yea, im having an issue with the store right now. They are sold out and are actually oversold by 15 copies but i refunded the one guy with 10 copies so it should be fine. Regardless it is sold out via our store and hopefully it wont say otherwise unless there is an error and those will be refunded unfortunately.

So, was mine oversold? I can't tell if your referring to my post or your own post...

I've bought most of his releases. I don't think anything has been sketchy. Everything has been on time & as promised. Yes, he's tried to make money w/ test presses & other stuff, but a lot of labels are doing that right now. And its really none of my business what the fuck someone else chooses to do w/ their label, job, life, etc. I'd much rather Ross press these titles than Mightier Than Sword. At least I know the LP will show up within a week or so & its going to look just as good.

I really am not focusing on the value of the dollar, I'm just saying this dude is always finding ways to make an extra buck...no pun intended. Whether it be post the same shit in his stores on ebay for more, or countless other things. I've seen each of his releases and there has always been weird things with them. I know it's a small dollar amount, and I know that it seems like a pointless thing to bring up, but I feel that his business practices have been sketchy at best in the past for numerous reasons. Smite me if you want, but I'm not making up this idea in my head. I know certain people other than me have noticed it too.

Yeah but in all honesty I do not think a release thread is the most appropriate place to say it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and of course you are not the only person to give this guy flac nor notice it, but there is a time and place for everything. By having your own opinions about his label should not translate to his shipping methods in hiding the fact that there are (maybe multiple) discrepancies you have with the whole scenario.

By no means am I trying to call you out just making an observation. I too think the whole test press thing is a little eh but I feel I have little right to publicly complain when I support the fiasco by paying $20 for a record. While I guess that sounds weird cause I do not support everything him nor the label stands for I guess I would, personally, feel in the wrong for saying something negative about his general practices if I buy any of his records. Lots of shady labels out there, but that is not the topic nor point of this thread.

So, was mine oversold? I can't tell if your referring to my post or your own post...

Your order will be the last one, it was technically oversold by then but since i refunded one of the people with 5 records in their order and another with 10 earlier then it will be fine. The refund of 10 went back in the store and sold already and the person with 5 I just refunded and those that were oversold by an error in the store will get those copies.

Does that make sense?

Your order will be the last one, it was technically oversold by then but since i refunded one of the people with 5 records in their order and another with 10 earlier then it will be fine. The refund of 10 went back in the store and sold already and the person with 5 I just refunded and those that were oversold by an error in the store will get those copies.

Does that make sense?

Oh yeah, that's freakin' awesome. Thanks a lot for everything man. Much appreciated as always... +1

+1

Yeah but in all honesty I do not think a release thread is the most appropriate place to say it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and of course you are not the only person to give this guy flac nor notice it, but there is a time and place for everything. By having your own opinions about his label should not translate to his shipping methods in hiding the fact that there are (maybe multiple) discrepancies you have with the whole scenario.

By no means am I trying to call you out just making an observation. I too think the whole test press thing is a little eh but I feel I have little right to publicly complain when I support the fiasco by paying $20 for a record. While I guess that sounds weird cause I do not support everything him nor the label stands for I guess I would, personally, feel in the wrong for saying something negative about his general practices if I buy any of his records. Lots of shady labels out there, but that is not the topic nor point of this thread.

I was only making a small statement, and because of that I think that it actually was appropriate to say it here. I really don't care enough to go and make another thread or anything ridiculous, because it is pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things. I was just basically saying if I was hiding some extra profit in s&h prices I would feel guilty. Also, i was just being comical when I said the losing sleep thing.

I've bought most of his releases. I don't think anything has been sketchy. Everything has been on time & as promised. Yes, he's tried to make money w/ test presses & other stuff, but a lot of labels are doing that right now. And its really none of my business what the fuck someone else chooses to do w/ their label, job, life, etc. I'd much rather Ross press these titles than Mightier Than Sword. At least I know the LP will show up within a week or so & its going to look just as good.

I understand people have a problem with my label making 24 test presses and can consider that "shady" but we most of those out to the original labels and bands/management more often than not. I also try to more so then sell the 5 or so copies I end up keeping. Not to mention that I do pay for patrick to design and screen print bad ass jackets which make them more of a collectible than just a blank record. Most of them have been traded to die hard fans of those bands who are into vinyl and a bunch have even been engagement/wedding presents for people.

In terms of the shipping costs, I dont really buy the mailers in bulk because i dont have the space nor am i a huge company by any means. I buy them in sets of 200-500 and i personally spend hours and hours packing orders for this. I use two cardboard mailers, bubble wrap and heavy packing tape for every order which takes time if you things done right. The few people on here can bitch about the $1 but this business takes up most of, if not all of my free time and personally i would rather something cost $1 more and done right/arrive on time then come damaged because of shitty packaging.

I was only making a small statement, and because of that I think that it actually was appropriate to say it here. I really don't care enough to go and make another thread or anything ridiculous, because it is pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things. I was just basically saying if I was hiding some extra profit in s&h prices I would feel guilty. Also, i was just being comical when I said the losing sleep thing.

Fair enough.

Did you buy a copy from ETR?

The shit on eBay sells for the same price as his storenvy: http://www.ebay.com/sch/enjoytheriderecords/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

The extra couple bucks are for the eBay fees that he has to pay for putting it up. And he's already addressed the shipping cost. So I don't get it, what are other of these "countless ways" he is "trying to make an extra buck" besides those claims which were already proved invalid? Please explain.

Also, explain the "weird things" he does with his presses. This one I'm especially curious about, because I've bought nearly all of them and been completely happy.

The shit on eBay sells for the same price as his storenvy: http://www.ebay.com/sch/enjoytheriderecords/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

The extra couple bucks are for the eBay fees that he has to pay for putting it up. And he's already addressed the shipping cost. So I don't get it, what are other of these "countless ways" he is "trying to make an extra buck" besides those claims which were already proved invalid? Please explain.

you are commenting on something you know nothing about so please stop. he was called out in the past for overcharging large amounts on ebay and he removed the listing after he was called out.

ughhh I hate that I feel compelled to continue to defend my singular small thought on shipping. I need to just stop. Not defending my statements to someone that only has 75 posts. You weren't here when the stuff went down so I don't need to verify anything for you. I despise lying, so take that for what you want.

ughhh I hate that I feel compelled to continue to defend my singular small thought on shipping. I need to just stop. Not defending my statements to someone that only has 75 posts. You weren't here when the stuff went down so I don't need to verify anything for you. I despise lying, so take that for what you want.

Just because I wasn't registered doesn't mean I wasn't "here," as you may know this is the internet and you don't need to register to look at these boards. I know exactly what you are talking about, but I really don't even care because everyone overcharges on eBay, and everyone knows that and it's nothing to complain about or get offended over anymore. Plus he removed the listings so what's the bother now?

I was merely curious because you claim there's "countless" ways in which he executes poor business practices and I was curious what they are. You've only addressed two. That's all.

I for one am extremely thankful for all of his releases and the fact that I've been able to use the SAME discount code on his storenvy since last year. I've also sent him emails in the past asking about presses starting up a label and he's been nothing but nice. Seems like a straight up guy to me

the only real big issue with ETR that i remember was with the Juliana Theory record not being packed really well and it being a picture disc. then there were a few artists getting their panties in a wad that he was pressing their record without their "blessing" even though he had made several attempts to get in contact with them. he has learned from his mistakes and has gotten better IMO with each release