PO:Dustin Kensrue-Please Come Home via ETR on 3/8

Have all the ETR orders shipped out? Mine was probably one of the last orders, since I did it after it initially said it was sold out and a few more were adding.

Do the swirls skip? Or do people not listen to those?

my swirl plays fine

Have all the ETR orders shipped out? Mine was probably one of the last orders, since I did it after it initially said it was sold out and a few more were adding.

i think Ross said that all the orders have gone out and that everyone who ordered from him should get their records by the end of this week

i love how two people get some sort of skip, and people start freaking out when dozens have already said it sound beyond incredible.

(not trying to step on toes, just saying, i find it comical)

Mine sounds incredible but it does skip in two places in the song Pistol. I did get two copies from HT and one from ETR though. I'll end up selling the un-played HT one and just listen to the one that doesn't skip. Problem solved.

Do the swirls skip? Or do people not listen to those?

my swirl plays fine

i think Ross said that all the orders have gone out and that everyone who ordered from him should get their records by the end of this week

Both are correct

i love how two people get some sort of skip, and people start freaking out when dozens have already said it sound beyond incredible.

(not trying to step on toes, just saying, i find it comical)

Mine sounds incredible but it does skip in two places in the song Pistol. I did get two copies from HT and one from ETR though. I'll end up selling the un-played HT one and just listen to the one that doesn't skip. Problem solved.

How would you know it skips if it's un-played?

Got home expecting my clear and HT sent me the wrong fucking variant! ;)

[image]

[image]

It looks so awesome, it was a great feeling opening up the package and seeing the swirl. I even enjoyed opening the package of my ETR brown when there was no swirl... it ultimately made for a more unique and enjoyable experience buying through mailorder knowing I might be one of the lucky ones. I hope more labels will do stuff like this.

I am very happy right now.

Got home expecting my clear and HT sent me the wrong fucking variant! ;)

[image]

[image]

It looks so awesome, it was a great feeling opening up the package and seeing the swirl. I even enjoyed opening the package of my ETR brown when there was no swirl... it ultimately made for a more unique and enjoyable experience buying through mailorder knowing I might be one of the lucky ones. I hope more labels will do stuff like this.

I am very happy right now.

thats awesome, that one looks good under the light...enjoy

How would you know it skips if it's un-played?

I should've explained better. I played one of the HT ones. It skipped. The other one I just opened to see if it was a swirl. It hasn't been played. But I'm going to try cleaning everything again to see if that clears things up.

:o Hope some HT warehouse employee isn't sitting on 10 swirls right now...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dustin-Kensrue-Please-Come-Home-BROWN-SWIRL-12-Vinyl-50-copies-Thrice-/280850395697?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item4163fcf231

^^^Does this irk anybody else too? Now I'm not morally opposed to flipping like some (HERE COMES THE SMITE), or trying to make a large profit on eBay since the people bidding are dumb enough to overpay and in the end it's just inevitible that it will happen .. but this guy isn't even flipping right. He listed it today and just set his BIN at the highest bid of the other swirl auction without seeing what it actually sells for. Guaranteed if he waited 3 days to list it he could have probably gotten close to double what he's asking. Now that everyone watching the other auction sees a BIN for $80, it's basically setting a market cap for what people are willing to pay for it, at least for the time being.

And he claims to have worked on the cover art for the record and needs money for screenprinting supplies, yet he's also flipping a copy of TAITA. I've never done screenprinting, but I imagine $80 won't get you THAT much, not enough for me to justify selling a super special /50 record like this one, ESPECIALLY if I was lucky enough to have worked on the record. Hope this seller isn't a HT employee that opened the last hundred packages..

Okay, rant over.

...and somebody has just bought it for $80 BIN.

I still think the auction with a couple days left will go for way more than that.

I definitely don't think ETR would have someone in North Carolina that's been selling on eBay for 5+ years flip for them. Ross is a straight up dude IMO, and I know some people may disagree.

I also don't think this person that has flipped almost 1000 records on eBay and claims to have money issues is the same person who did the cover art for this album. I do however think that this is probably some HT employee who gets dibs on certain records before they're shipped out and ends up flipping them. Also, they are a douche for sure

I was just saying based on their claims it would put them at either an employee or hired hand of ETR.

If their claims are untrue then ETR and others could take up claim with EBay if they wish to stop this behavior.

Either way if someone is willing to pay $80 for it then let them.

I have paid well over that for some records I wanted for myself and for gifts.

BTW I ended up getting one of each as I didn't know which one I would like better. Keeping the clear.

Anyone want a brown? Cost plus shipping and it is yours.