PO:Dustin Kensrue-Please Come Home via ETR on 3/8

patrickemmons is from North Carolina

interesting development... well, I guess it could very well be him then. Like I said in my previous posting, I'm not hating on people who flip I just think people have to get better at using eBay if they're trying to maximize profit, which is obviously what this person was trying to do. No one wants to BIN a $150 record but fans will easily pay that much if they get bid up to that amount and it is out of their control. This point is being proven as I type this.

Also, if there's only 50 of something in existence, and one of them is listed in an auction that's ending in a couple days, it's much smarter to wait until that one sells to get a better idea of the value and to avoid saturating the market, not list it one day after the other one goes up. He got $80 in less than a few hours with another auction going, he could have easily gotten $150 IMO if it was the only one listed.

Can't wait to get smited some more for this.

I think you are right.

http://www.acityinside.com/ is his website which shows the albums he is selling on ebay.

Good call.

He does do good work.

I wonder if the tests and limited records he gets are gifts given as thanks and he sells them on EBay. That is the only bummer here in my opinion. Selling gifts always stings, both the giver and receiver.

It kind of seemed funny to me how upset people get on here about people ordering multiple copies of an album (like TAITA or whatever) to flip them, but seem to have no problem with someone who is involved with pressing an album doing the exact same thing. Like with the test presses of this album. The ETR guy is selling all of the test presses at a pretty pricey cost, or using them to trade for hard to find albums. Isn't that same thing as flipping, except he didn't have to go through the trouble of buying them before everyone else. He already had all of them. And I guess he pressed the album, so he could be afforded some leniency, but it seems the same to me. Oh well.

I sold that record and you can flame me, beat me up over the internet, post so much negative karma that the website explodes, whatever you want. Truth is, I HAVE to buy jack white tickets today, he is my fucking musical idol. The tickets are $80 for myself and my wife and after buying them I won't have enough money in my bank account to buy one more tank of gas and eat until I get paid in a week so I put it up for sale (the stuff about screen printing supplies was old from when I first was contemplating selling it)

I got the record because of the work I did for the album, I'm not an employee of the label and this by no means is a case of the label selling extra copies.

interesting development... well, I guess it could very well be him then. Like I said in my previous posting, I'm not hating on people who flip I just think people have to get better at using eBay if they're trying to maximize profit, which is obviously what this person was trying to do. No one wants to BIN a $150 record but fans will easily pay that much if they get bid up to that amount and it is out of their control. This point is being proven as I type this.

Also, if there's only 50 of something in existence, and one of them is listed in an auction that's ending in a couple days, it's much smarter to wait until that one sells to get a better idea of the value and to avoid saturating the market, not list it one day after the other one goes up. He got $80 in less than a few hours with another auction going, he could have easily gotten $150 IMO if it was the only one listed.

Can't wait to get smited some more for this.

The $150 listing was a joke the first time around - I asked $80 because I needed two fucking tickets for the Jack White show and they cost $80. I wasn't going to ask for more than I needed. I don't like Dustin Kensrue, I have 3 copies of the record because I did the artwork layout for it and if I can get rid of one of those so I can finally see my favorite musician for the first time then I'm going to do it.

I've been slowly selling some of my variants of stuff I've done for ETR because I am personally not a fan of 80% of the releases we've done together and besides having a copy for my portfolio of work I don't need others. I tried trading shit before but no one ever wants to.

I'll give away my brown copy to someone who did not get one because it sold out if you makes everyone fucking stop crying over this situation.

I think you are right.

http://www.acityinside.com/ is his website which shows the albums he is selling on ebay.

Good call.

He does do good work.

I wonder if the tests and limited records he gets are gifts given as thanks and he sells them on EBay. That is the only bummer here in my opinion. Selling gifts always stings, both the giver and receiver.

I do the test presses for dirt cheap as a favor to the label, they aren't gifts, I always get one for each release. Like I've said before, If I don't like the band I'm not going to keep it when all I care about is the sleeve I screen printed (and the 311 one is 6 colors and was a lot of work) sleeve.

I've done at least 40 different screen printed sleeves for people on this message board at only $25 shipped - they are double sided and I even take my time to scan artwork and layout the design at no cost. I burn two screens per sleeve and set up my press just to print 1 copy of something. I do this because I want to give back and now I've got people trashing me for selling one fucking record for the exact price that I needed for something that I could otherwise not afford if I didn't sell it.

I'm so sick of this fucking board.

I feel like you guys. It's your record so you should be able to do whatever you want with it!

On another note, how are the test press jackets coming along my good man?

My emulsion was going bad, had it for too long so when I burned the screens it didn't come out nicely. New emulsion came yesterday so hopefully I can burn the screens again this weekend.

I think you are right.

Good call.

He does do good work.

I do the test presses for dirt cheap as a favor to the label, they aren't gifts, I always get one for each release. Like I've said before, If I don't like the band I'm not going to keep it when all I care about is the sleeve I screen printed (and the 311 one is 6 colors and was a lot of work) sleeve.

I've done at least 40 different screen printed sleeves for people on this message board at only $25 shipped - they are double sided and I even take my time to scan artwork and layout the design at no cost. I burn two screens per sleeve and set up my press just to print 1 copy of something. I do this because I want to give back and now I've got people trashing me for selling one fucking record for the exact price that I needed for something that I could otherwise not afford if I didn't sell it.

I'm so sick of this fucking board.

Hey man,

I said I don't care if people spend $80 on a record as I have paid more than that for records I want. Good for you for getting a lot of money for a record and you can get something you want out of it. No need keeping stuff you don't want.

I said if it were a gift then it stings. That's true. If I gave someone something that was really rare and they sold it that kinda sucks.

I guess if what you are claiming is true of living paycheck to paycheck then that is the true bummer.

I commented that you did good work. Did you read that?

Too bad you don't get paid enough to not live paycheck to paycheck. But I'm sure a lot of us here are in the same boat.

And I'm sure almost all of us here have sold records for more than what we bought them for. So don't worry about that.

Glad you came and cleared this up.

Again its your stuff and money. Do what you want with it.

I feel like you guys. It's your record so you should be able to do whatever you want with it!

On another note, how are the test press jackets coming along my good man?

My emulsion was going bad, had it for too long so when I burned the screens it didn't come out nicely. New emulsion came yesterday so hopefully I can burn the screens again this weekend.

Awesome! Thanks for the update!