Game Of Thrones season 2! POSSIBLE DEADLY SPOILERS

In your opintion, how did the last two books stand up to your expectations? I've tried to avoid spoiling myself too badly but I can't help but notice that the average review for these last two books on amazon is no where near what they were for the first three. I know that the amount of time it took GRRM to release them probably made people a little more critical of him since they were made to wait soooo long. I've also seen statements where people have just given up with the series; that they got part way through ADWD and just book the book down for good. Are they just over-reacting? ???

AFFC is quite slow at the beginning, but last 3rd+ rivals the rest. ADWD is pretty solid all around. I think the negative reviews stem from the wait and the splitting up of the characters. If I had to wait 6 years or whatever for that I'd be pissed too. I would never have put the book down for good though, those people are just being boobs.

The best description I've read of AFFC and ADWD went like this... AGOT and ACOK setup the game pieces and ASOS knocked everything off of the table. Now AFFC and ADWD are putting everything back together so that the next books can knock them all down again.

... does anybody know why they changed Ashas name in the show?

From the wikipedia for this episode:

"The character of his sister was renamed from the original books (from Asha to Yara) in order to avoid confusion with the already established character Osha (the wildling captive at Winterfell), and Gemma Whelan was chosen to play it."

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/02/game-of-thrones-greyjoy-asha/

Ep. 2 was pretty great. The party I was watching with was quite amused when at the beginning of the episode HBO didn't list "Nudity" as being one of the markings in the episode, only to find out that Ep 2 had more bonin' in it that most of season 1.

i was a little disappointed with the extreme condensing of arya's storyline (mostly because she's one of my favorite characters), but i guess the plot won't suffer at all from it. that's the first time during the show that i've actually gone 'holy shit they skipped a lot'.

I have a feeling a lot of story lines are either going to be condensed or eliminated altogether (Jojen and Meera Reed for starters). It's the only way to make this ridiculously long story fit into the HBO mold of having ten one hour episodes. Not to mention the budgetary issues involved in a show with a cast as large as this one.

Shows like this always seem to have trouble casting less attractive folk. The book describes Arya as having a horse face for crying out loud. The girl they have playing her isn't ugly in any way, shape or form. We're just going to have to live with it.

I'm looking forward in particular to the scene where she gets to say (or perhaps scream) these lines:

Is there gold hidden in the village? Is there silver? Gems? Is there food? Where is Lord Beric? Where did he go? How many men were with him? How many knights? How many bowmen? How many, how many, how many, how many, how many, how many? Is there gold in the village?

It's going to be so awesome.

i was a little disappointed with the extreme condensing of arya's storyline (mostly because she's one of my favorite characters), but i guess the plot won't suffer at all from it. that's the first time during the show that i've actually gone 'holy shit they skipped a lot'.

i was upset that during the kingsguard attack they're wasn't shouts of "Hotpie!, Hotpie!"

i was upset that during the kingsguard attack they're wasn't shouts of "Hotpie!, Hotpie!"

Dude was too busy hiding in the bushes waiting to yield. But seriously, if his character doesn't yell out HOT PIE! at least once during the show his potential as a character will have been completely wasted.

So are they merging the Storm's End and Renly killer shadow baby thing? Or is it just a bit out of order? On a similar note, are they replacing the dark haired girl for Jeyne Westerling?

Joffrey is still a douche it seems. Even more so - i don't remember the scepter beating seen from the books.

more Davos.

are they replacing the dark haired girl for Jeyne Westerling?

Joffrey is still a douche it seems. Even more so - i don't remember the scepter beating seen from the books.

more Davos.

That girl is cast as Jeyne.

Joff part wasn't in the books, but I believe it's briefly hinted that Tyrion sends him some whores. I could be wrong though.