Sleep - "Dopesmoker", Deluxe Reissue

6 hours ago, freezeflash said:

Does the poster come in a poster tube like in the Southern Lord store? If so, I'm down for another copy.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, VinylMario said:

Shit... Just cancelled my Bullmoose order for this! This is dope!

Really wish this wasn’t $40. Kinda torn about getting it. I know I’ll be happier getting something more reasonably priced, but have little faith that I’ll be able to keep from ordering it. Hopefully it sells out before I cave. 

Edit:

.....Aaaaand it’s five minutes later and I’ve already impulse-bought this shit. 

Fuck, I really need a new hobby. 

Edited by GrapplesInStereo

52 minutes ago, fish said:

It showed as gone for me last night. Pretty amazing that this album has a ton of versions and is always available yet they can sell 500 of a new pricey variant in a day no problem.

I've come to think there are Sleep collectors who will buy every variant (Same with Sunn 0))) and Earth). Some might sell off a previous edition to afford the new one with little to no cost.

EDIT: The hologram cover helps, too. If there any copies that went to stores and I see it, I'll probably nab it come to think of it.

Edited by armadillo01

So you're saying there's something wrong with buying every frickin' Dopesmoker repress that comes down the pipeline? Like it's an addiction? Like there's anything wrong with having a LP bin dedicated to represses of the same album in a rainbow of colors and covers? My therapist says it goes back to my childhood fascination with Bigfoot and the '67 Patterson-Gimlin film... :ph34r::);)

Edited by Surrural

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, pepperonigin said:

Nothing for me yet.

Me neither. Bought through Bandcamp, and the message there still says, "Estimated to ship December 5, 2018 and estimated to arrive by December 19, 2018". 

Not sure why they'd supply retail so far in advance of preorders, but as long as I get my copy before the end of the year, I've got no complaints. 

I know the Hazy Green w/ the Holo cover was the Red/Orchard indie exclusive set for an 11/23 release. SL confirmed that back in Sept. The Cornetto vinyl was only available via SL or Sleep Bandcamp and wasn't being released until early Dec. from what I remember. I see Amoeba has a listing for the Cornetto, but no listing for the Hazy Green, so I'm thinking Amoeba fucked up listing the Hazy Green as Cornetto? That is if Amoeba is part of Red/Orchard distribution?

Speaking of stoned, nothing from SL on this end as far as the Cornetto shipping. But I'm pretty sure the only version that has shipped and/or landed in stores is the Hazy Green. Short story long, as they say...:)

Edited by Surrural

2 hours ago, Surrural said:

I know the Hazy Green w/ the Holo cover was the Red/Orchard indie exclusive set for an 11/23 release. SL confirmed that back in Sept. The Cornetto vinyl was only available via SL or Sleep Bandcamp and wasn't being released until early Dec. from what I remember. I see Amoeba has a listing for the Cornetto, but no listing for the Hazy Green, so I'm thinking Amoeba fucked up listing the Hazy Green as Cornetto? That is if Amoeba is part of Red/Orchard distribution?

Speaking of stoned, nothing from SL on this end as far as the Cornetto shipping. But I'm pretty sure the only version that has shipped and/or landed in stores is the Hazy Green. Short story long, as they say...:)

My store has 3 Cornettos right now, so I don't think Amoeba put up the wrong listing - I think some of the major indie stores got a few copies of that version.  Having said that, the Cornetto version looks great in person (the holographic jacket anyway).