Sleep - "Dopesmoker", Deluxe Reissue

• 4 months later...

I'll probably try and grab one of these. I wish they'd give any sort of clue about how many they press so i could know how early i need to go. When the Sciences Black/Green was sold there was no line and they had plenty shortly after they opened. But when that Leagues Beneath 12" was released they had a huge line (in the rain) and it sold out pretty fast. Which is funny to me as that just sells for about cost nowadays.

2 minutes ago, rickker said:

I'm expecting a repeat of this scenario. 40% chance of rain Friday by the way...

The Sciences they didn't announce until the night before which I'm sure is why it wasn't hard for me to grab there. But they also distributed that and Leagues to other shops while all of these are being sold at their store so maybe they'll have plenty. Either way no doubt the line will be long.

I only ever bought one version of the Southern Lord many pressings, I just got the vault release. I'm gonna wait to see pressing numbers and price on this one. Looks super cool, but I'm not gonna be too upset if its out of my reach. 
Also am currently on the hunt for a new career, so haven't been smoking anything just in case new employer is weird about it. Been holding onto that vault release for as soon as I can spark up again. 

55 minutes ago, fish said:

I'll probably try and grab one of these. I wish they'd give any sort of clue about how many they press so i could know how early i need to go. When the Sciences Black/Green was sold there was no line and they had plenty shortly after they opened. But when that Leagues Beneath 12" was released they had a huge line (in the rain) and it sold out pretty fast. Which is funny to me as that just sells for about cost nowadays.

If you go and they don't limit you, would you mind helping me secure one? It'd be immensely appreciated. And I'd pay right away obviously. 

3 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Digital streaming platforms maybe? Was this previously unavailable to stream? That's the best I could come up with.

Sounds about right. I know it's NOT on Spotify right now. The only full-on version I know of is the one someone uploaded to YouTube that I listen to often when at work. 

Just now, jhulud said:

If you go and they don't limit you, would you mind helping me secure one? It'd be immensely appreciated. And I'd pay right away obviously. 

Yeah for sure. But my guess is it'll be 1 per as it has been the handful of times i've gone there for stuff. Really I have to see how motivated I get that day. It's only a 35 min drive but as I get older I really hate waiting in lines.

9 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Sounds about right. I know it's NOT on Spotify right now. The only full-on version I know of is the one someone uploaded to YouTube that I listen to often when at work.

Article on Pitchfork says it's coming back to streaming services on the 26th https://pitchfork.com/news/sleep-press-weed-into-new-dopesmoker-reissue/

15 hours ago, faaip de oiad said:

Fuck that's cool. Flippers will have a difficult time shipping this one 😆 

I wonder if ebay and discogs will even allow it to be listed? Seems dumb as or is just leaves. But this is from TMR:

"Due to the nature of the contents, this pressing is only available in the great state of legal Michigan, and cannot be shipped or brought over the border."

This  will supposedly be $150. About $50 higher than I had hoped. Also read that they only did 300 of them.

Edited by fish