Sleep - "Dopesmoker", Deluxe Reissue

22 minutes ago, fish said:

Who is in line already? i won't be able to get down there until shortly before open so I'm not even sure I should bother.

I am in line.

Got here about 8 and am about 75th apparently?

It's gone around the corner down 2nd so I don't know how long the line is now. 

Before the doors opened a Third Man employee was outside doing social media stuff and was answering a few questions.

She would not reveal the pressing quantity.

The records come in clear gatefold picture disc sleeves.

We were advised NOT to play them "Especially not with your Ortofon Blue Diamond stylus." she kidded and went on to explain that when they were being pressed there was hash oil residue on the presses and they had to be wiped clean with isopropyl alcohol periodically - upon close inspection there is definitely oil residue on my copy.

She also said some of the center labels have oil stains for that reason as well.

1 hour ago, rickker said:

We were advised NOT to play them "Especially not with your Ortofon Blue Diamond stylus." she kidded and went on to explain that when they were being pressed there was hash oil residue on the presses and they had to be wiped clean with isopropyl alcohol periodically - upon close inspection there is definitely oil residue on my copy.

She also said some of the center labels have oil stains for that reason as well.

It wouldn't have hurt for them to have had an official disclaimer about the quality of these. I assumed they would be pretty much unplayable only because the other album I have with leaves in it (barren harvest) was promoted that way when it was released. But others may be more annoyed than me. These records I got today are in the worst shape I've ever had for new lps. A ton of residue all over them, a few small bubbles throughout both lps. No way they play through. But still glad to have it in the collection.

Edited by fish