Sleep - "Dopesmoker", Deluxe Reissue

5 hours ago, tuumi2000 said:

Had to get a new account.  Haven't posted here in a loooong time and couldn't get back in so I just created a new account.

Anyway..... this pressing is pretty fucked up.  Bubbles all over the place.  How in the hell could they sell these? I wonder if they have replacement extras.  Can anyone else check theirs closely?

I want to post images but whenever I post a link from URL nothing happens when I click submit. 

Here's a link to a Imgur album.  Maybe someone with some skills could post the pics. 

https://imgur.com/a/dqhu2sj

I guess it wouldn't have been such a big deal if they had just said this publicly.  

Mine is exactly the same. I assume most if not all of them are f'd. They really should have just sold them with a warning that it wasn't for playing. They obviously knew but guessing they just assumed nobody was actually buying it to play. Doubting they'll do anything other than refund you but you can always sell it on eBay for $500.

Edited by fish

8 hours ago, tuumi2000 said:

Had to get a new account.  Haven't posted here in a loooong time and couldn't get back in so I just created a new account.

Anyway..... this pressing is pretty fucked up.  Bubbles all over the place.  How in the hell could they sell these? I wonder if they have replacement extras.  Can anyone else check theirs closely?

I want to post images but whenever I post a link from URL nothing happens when I click submit. 

Here's a link to a Imgur album.  Maybe someone with some skills could post the pics. 

https://imgur.com/a/dqhu2sj

I guess it wouldn't have been such a big deal if they had just said this publicly.  

Those are massive bubbles! The intense heat and pressure most likely boiled the leaves and created a ton of anomalies. I wonder if they used fresh leaves or dried. I'm sure they understood what was gonna happen after the test pressings tho. But you're right, should've been upfront. Would've actually been cool to spin that.

I like my Southern Lord pressing. No probs there  😁👍

I took the record plant tour the day these came out and they said multiple times these were playable.   They said they had some trial and error figuring out the oil/resin coming out of the leaves from the heat of the press.  But that comes from being the first to do it. 

I have not played mine.  I went in thinking it was more of a show piece then a playable record.  Can’t confirm/deny playability. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...