Sleep - "Dopesmoker", Deluxe Reissue

I'm really curious about what causes the splatter or marble or whatever else kind of patterns that get pressed. Is it just what the puck looks like?

For splatter, they roll the puck in vinyl beads before pressing it.  For the marble effect, they put two different colors in the puck, so when it gets flattened they blend together.

Here's a video for splatter

Here's a video for "swirl"

Here's a video for split

I can't find a video of marble (color blend), but how I described it is how it's done!  :D

That swirl press video is from A+R in Dallas. I went through that same box he is flipping through two years ago when Permafaust and I went to help with The Lillingtons box set. That is my story that is in no way related to Sleep...that is all.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got word of the next Sleep Dopesmoker release, it's for April 14th and it appears to be a picture disc, now I know they already released a pic disc with the new artwork but this may be for the original artwork? I really do not know but I do know for sure it is a picture disc, this may be the RSD release they are hinting at but I'm not 100% as the 15th is a couple days before the offical RSD street date.. I will provide more info here as it streams in..

Sleeeeep_zpshlfi0dxv.jpg

PO on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Dopesmoker-SLEEP/dp/B00TSOONHA/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1_lp_?ie=UTF8&qid=1427319687&sr=8-1&keywords=808720158212

**Also was the 420th post in this thread whatuuuuup?**

• 3 weeks later...