Sleep - "Dopesmoker", Deluxe Reissue

i ordered on 04/20 and still have yet to receive a shipping notice OR a package in the mail. i emailed customer service and this was the reply i got:

pretty sure that means i'm fucked and i'll never see a record OR a refund.

The guys at SL are very nice and they definitely won't screw you.

Why would you think that?

Because I know plenty of people who ordered before and well after me who have gotten their records and shopping confirmations. If they are going in order of date received and people who ordered over a week after I did and live near me have already received their records, then obviously something went wrong somewhere with my order. Why give a reference number when an order is placed if customer service isn't going to use it when you email them with it? I've never had a problem thus far ordering from SL,but there are countless reports of people never receiving merch or refunds from them when something like this has happened to them.

,but there are countless reports of people never receiving merch or refunds from them when something like this has happened to them.

I have ordered nearly every record released directly from SL since 2006 and their customer service has had ups and downs. However, right now the company is flowing as good as ever. There was a 2 year gap (2009-10) when they didn't seem to care about customer service but not now. Great releases, top notch packaging and, sometimes, tracking. I had no idea about corner protectors until this sleep release.

To me, all the new vinyl collectors seem to be wound up and twisted waaayyy toooo tight. Listening to complaints gets old very fast. I am sure the mail order packers found the "wizzi" order, pulled it aside and is just waiting for you to send an e-mail about not getting your package.

I have ordered nearly every record released directly from SL since 2006 and their customer service has had ups and downs. However, right now the company is flowing as good as ever. There was a 2 year gap (2009-10) when they didn't seem to care about customer service but not now. Great releases, top notch packaging and, sometimes, tracking. I had no idea about corner protectors until this sleep release.

To me, all the new vinyl collectors seem to be wound up and twisted waaayyy toooo tight. Listening to complaints gets old very fast. I am sure the mail order packers found the "wizzi" order, pulled it aside and is just waiting for you to send an e-mail about not getting your package.

Lovely assumption that I'm a 'new vinyl collector' ;) fyi, the email that I sent to them was extremely nice and respectful, but hey while we're making assumptions, might as well assume my email to them was a pain in the ass complaint. About par for the course around here.

I'll go back to lurking and reading all of the snarky comments from afar.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...