Sleep - "Dopesmoker", Deluxe Reissue

I just picked up the purple version of this from Amazon, does anyone know if this has the foil ccover? Also iI'm sure its been beaten to death but what's up with Southern Lord's shipping? That shit is laughable.

Purple does not have the foil cover

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cause then I don't feel as special for owning it.

That = stupid.

The only thing that sucks about keeping records in print is when they choose the most god-awful colors imaginable like this new press. I say keep shit in print on black and be done with it but I'm not a label and have no say.

Transparent green w. Holographic foil cover is enough for me, and personally think is the best press.

+1 for the Holly Mountain repress. In one of my wet dreams I thought about Holy Mountain being re-recorded much slooooower as they were playing live last year. I have to say I LOVE Holly Mountain as it is, but that was just a dream..

Guest realtalk

+1 for the Holly Mountain repress. In one of my wet dreams I thought about Holy Mountain being re-recorded much slooooower as they were playing live last year. I have to say I LOVE Holly Mountain as it is, but that was just a dream..

For those wondering, Holly Mountain is Sleep's Christmas themed album. : D

Bad joke, sorry.

• 7 months later...

Ok! Thanks for the insight. I've been listening to Jerusalem on grooveshark and I can seriously hear a difference in the drums. They're not terrible but they don't have the power that the SL master has. Much tighter and more confined though I feel that there's a bit more taste to the tone on the guitar on the Jerusalem mix/master. I'm really kind of interested in having the Tee Pee anyway because I'm pretty sure its the same length as DS 2.0 (as you cleverly put it) and when I listen to that file online it seems pretty close to my Southern Lord in terms of mastering but I realize there are many factors to consider when dealing with the differences between digital streaming files and vinyl.