The Avalanches - Since I Left You Reissue

21 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Blue won! Woot

Bullmoose tweeted:

The Avalanches repress many of you ordered today is indeed an indie exclusive. Blue vinyl, ltd to 3000 bullmoose.com/p/24487483/ava…

Wait, 3,000 or 5,000 now?  In true election fashion, it seems like all the details are flip-flopping and changing behind the curtains as it comes to a close.

Not too sore about blue winning the vote.  Namely because it's a good fit but not to the point where I've ever felt inclined to shell out $200 or $300.  And there's no telling what sort of shade or translucency they'll go with, with said blue.  It could go anywhere.  I'm eager to see it and hoping it can dodge a lot of the issues reported with the most recent press.

14 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Wait, 3,000 or 5,000 now?  In true election fashion, it seems like all the details are flip-flopping and changing behind the curtains as it comes to a close.

BM tweeted that they were told blue and /3,000 last night - which could be strictly domestic US allocation. The remaining could go elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

Was looking on different Amazon sites. I have last year's copy and it doesn't sound great, and I'm hopeful that this new reissue will improve the quality. The blue seems to be up on some of the different sites, but was cheapest on Amazon.ca - $35.99 prime. It doesn't specifically say blue, but if you check the ASIN, it's the same as on other sites for the limited blue, but it's going for much more on different sites.

Seeing as it's Amazon, could be worth trying? I will pick one up and report back.

On 2017-01-22 at 10:50 AM, Sidney Crosley said:

Was looking on different Amazon sites. I have last year's copy and it doesn't sound great, and I'm hopeful that this new reissue will improve the quality. The blue seems to be up on some of the different sites, but was cheapest on Amazon.ca - $35.99 prime. It doesn't specifically say blue, but if you check the ASIN, it's the same as on other sites for the limited blue, but it's going for much more on different sites.

Seeing as it's Amazon, could be worth trying? I will pick one up and report back.

Got shipping confirmation. Will report back with colour. 

1 hour ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Yeah, I checked. Nothing there. #matrix

That's weird, I just clicked the link I posted a few comments back and it's still showing available to order from their webstore.  There is a little add to cart button off to the right of the description that you would need to click.

7 hours ago, soundofsilver said:

I'm very happy w the quality of this - hope others are as well

It is translucent blue, as it should be.  I haven't read of a basic black variant expected for this anywhere.  

Do you have this in hand, by chance?  Actually stoked to hear it's translucent but really curious to hear about the sound quality since the most recent press – presumably off the same plates – had some sound issues, from what I recall reading.