Where can i press a small amount of vinyl ?

What was your band? genre?

Our name was Firestone Elementary, we were your average Cliche Singing Screaming band. Very young and immature at the time. But we had fun, played a bunch of shows and toured around Ohio. I did all the art work for the album that kind of why I want to press it. Here's a pic of the cover and a link to download the album if anyone cares to. Also as I mentioned before I have lots of cds left if anyone wants one for free I'll be more than happy to ship you one at no cost to you.

[image]

http://www.mediafire.com/?r792uqbclnolj

• 2 months later...

I do lathe cuts (www.lathecuts.com). They aren't cheap (especially for LPs) because I charge by the minute. That is the biggest cost of making the records... time... and an LP takes an hour to cut and set up.

SO, I'm really much better if you want to do singles, but I will do LPs if you want to pay for them.

Check out the site for pricing, options, etc. I will be updating it in the next week with some sound samples and other options, but the majority of the info is on there now. They aren't audiophile by any stretch, mostly just decent sounding novelties for people who want to make musical art pieces and can't sell 100+ records.

I do lathe cuts (www.lathecuts.com). They aren't cheap (especially for LPs) because I charge by the minute. That is the biggest cost of making the records... time... and an LP takes an hour to cut and set up.

SO, I'm really much better if you want to do singles, but I will do LPs if you want to pay for them.

Check out the site for pricing, options, etc. I will be updating it in the next week with some sound samples and other options, but the majority of the info is on there now. They aren't audiophile by any stretch, mostly just decent sounding novelties for people who want to make musical art pieces and can't sell 100+ records.

I'll check this out for sure. Thanks

I've used him, he probably has the best lathe cut quality I've heard.

Otherwise if you can bite the bullet and go for 100 I would use musicol or palamino.

But if you really just want 50 or less there are places who will do it (palamino) it's just not cost effective. But 100 isn't really cost effective either. But lots of people still do it, no point in doing 300 if you can't sell them.

• 1 year later...

Anyone have the most updated answer on this? Been checking out a few different places to potentially do a small run of 5 as a gift to my former band members and I. I know it'll be a pretty penny, but it'd be nice to keep it closer to like $20-25 per record. Dunno if it can be done, but this is what I'm looking at: probably 20 mins of music (5 radio-length pop-rock songs). Cheapest/easiest for a two-sided 10", one-sided 12", or a two-sided 12"?

Hey!

No-one has mentioned this yet - but maybe it'll be useful:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/

It's basically like Kickstarter for music releases. You can set a minimum amount, and offer a record if you meet your goal. I think this is probably the way to go, to both gauge interest and raise the funds to make a pressing.

Hope it helps!