PO: Beach House *Bloom* 2xLP Sub Pop Exclusive

Snagged a copy of this during the first sale after stalking it for like a month. Tracking said it was delivered to the mail room in my building on Friday around 1pm. I got home 4 hours later from work and didn't see it. Reached out to TTL and was told to reach our local USPS and wait to see if it shows up. Wish me luck. I've also reached out to my building manager to look at security footage from Friday.

19 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I don’t know if I’m reading this correctly.  Did you get no shipping confirmation at any point?  Or a shipping confirmation the day after you replied, and then your package arrived immediately after?  If they shipped my order out and just forgot to send a confirmation e-mail, that’s great.  Guess I’ll drop them a line just to see what’s up.

any luck? i got the email notification saturday morning. package arrived sunday noon.

15 minutes ago, iameasytofind said:

any luck? i got the email notification saturday morning. package arrived sunday noon.

Reached out with an e-mail yesterday, and they responded with a tracking number / shipment e-mail.  It’s currently out for delivery as of this morning.  My theory is that they ship them out immediately but neglect to send a shipping notification until later.  Creates more of a “wow, TTL are shipping wizards!”... regardless if that’s intentional or not.  Either way, happy to get it and crossing my fingers that the transit damage wasn’t too rough.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Reached out with an e-mail yesterday, and they responded with a tracking number / shipment e-mail.  It’s currently out for delivery as of this morning.  My theory is that they ship them out immediately but neglect to send a shipping notification until later.  Creates more of a “wow, TTL are shipping wizards!”... regardless if that’s intentional or not.  Either way, happy to get it and crossing my fingers that the transit damage wasn’t too rough.

perhaps i havent purchased from TTL for a while, i forgot their warehouse is in Kentucky (at least that's what the shipping label says). i live on the east coast so it's quite impressed that the package arrived within 48 hours over a weekend. didn't know USPS deliver on Sunday too.

Was it actually USPS that delivered your package or UPS?

TTL uses an Amazon fulfillment service and the system they have with them is to use those pre-packaged slim mailers tossed inside of a larger box. It's actually awesome of them, because other merchants may just shrug and let Amazon toss unprotected LPs into a big box... I know I've had that happen before. But yeah their shipping is certainly strange. I've had things arrive in multiple shipments from different places as well.

40 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Was it actually USPS that delivered your package or UPS?

TTL uses an Amazon fulfillment service and the system they have with them is to use those pre-packaged slim mailers tossed inside of a larger box. It's actually awesome of them, because other merchants may just shrug and let Amazon toss unprotected LPs into a big box... I know I've had that happen before. But yeah their shipping is certainly strange. I've had things arrive in multiple shipments from different places as well.

mine is USPS, at least that's what the tracking said. it's nice that they arrive quick, but TTL do charge high for shipping. i'd rather them take their time if it meant they can ship for less.

Edited by iameasytofind

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

$20 profit here, $20 profit there.   You do that 8 times a day and you have yourself a job 

Is it really $20 here or there? Let’s assume they paid no tax and bundled it into a larger order with free shipping. They’re losing over $4 each in Discogs and PayPal fees (maybe less in fees in the unlikely event they have their own payment processing agreement). That brings it down to, what, $12 or $13 profit? And that’s best case scenario; if they did pay tax and shipping and have to drive  a long way to mail the package and ate up some gas we’re looking at closer to $4 or $5 profit, I guess depending on how much they gouge for shipping charges. Then there’s the time aspect: that thing sold out in a minute so they would have had to sit around and wait for it to get listed, refresh, cart and buy it - keeping probably a dozen people who really wanted it on this board alone from getting a copy, who knows how many others elsewhere - all for a few bucks? There’s not enough hours in the day to turn that into a job... 

17 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Is it really $20 here or there? Let’s assume they paid no tax and bundled it into a larger order with free shipping. They’re losing over $4 each in Discogs and PayPal fees (maybe less in fees in the unlikely event they have their own payment processing agreement). That brings it down to, what, $12 or $13 profit? And that’s best case scenario; if they did pay tax and shipping and have to drive  a long way to mail the package and ate up some gas we’re looking at closer to $4 or $5 profit, I guess depending on how much they gouge for shipping charges. Then there’s the time aspect: that thing sold out in a minute so they would have had to sit around and wait for it to get listed, refresh, cart and buy it - keeping probably a dozen people who really wanted it on this board alone from getting a copy, who knows how many others elsewhere - all for a few bucks? There’s not enough hours in the day to turn that into a job... 

It was a tongue in cheek shot at flippers.  

1 hour ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

It was a tongue in cheek shot at flippers.  

I don’t think your comment was too far from the reality of those people who list multiple copies of RSD titles the week before, I’m sure there’s at least a few people out there making a living flipping $100+ exclusives but not on something like this Beach House record, that’s my main point. 

9 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

I just looked at this thing on Discogs and am dumbfounded that some people killed themselves to order this just to turn around and flip it for $45? Seriously?! 

What’s crazier is people loosing their minds over not being able to have an album on colored vinyl 

16 hours ago, Plarocks said:

I offered one of the Discogs people $40 plus shipping, as I really love this album and wanted to have a second copy on purple.

Guy turned down the offer. He can KEEP IT then. 😊

I hope TTL presses up some more and they are all “stuck” with them. 😄

There's three listed for $40 right now on Discogs.

18 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

There's three listed for $40 right now on Discogs.

Hey, thank you. 😊

However, I just spent that money on some of those “fire sale” vinyl deals on Wal-Mart.com.

Looks like the flipper still has his record for sale....as I said before...KEEP IT! 😄

Edited by Plarocks

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 9:29 PM, Plarocks said:

I offered one of the Discogs people $40 plus shipping, as I really love this album and wanted to have a second copy on purple.

Guy turned down the offer. He can KEEP IT then. 😊

I hope TTL presses up some more and they are all “stuck” with them. 😄

Cause purple sounds better than the one you already have orrrrr?

damn dude its one nearly ten year old record, quit complaining. This poor horse is a bloody pile of mush and you just won’t let it be. 

1 hour ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Cause purple sounds better than the one you already have orrrrr?

damn dude its one nearly ten year old record, quit complaining. This poor horse is a bloody pile of mush and you just won’t let it be. 

And one of the BEST records released in the past ten years! 👍🏻