PO: Beach House *Bloom* 2xLP Sub Pop Exclusive

4 minutes ago, frutiger75 said:

7 was decent, but most of the tracks from that album fell quite flat when played live at both of the most recent gigs i attended; teen dream had the 2/3 tracks that put them on the map...so i guess there's that.

Hmm, when I play the record there aren't any live tracks on it.

6 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Hmm, when I play the record there aren't any live tracks on it.

Yeah I'd bet a large number of my favorite songs ever would be "bathroom break" moments for crowds.

I saw BH live just once and I sorta just wished I was back at home with headphones on...

on another note entirely, TTL's "instructions" on each pre-order page states the buyer to place a separate order for the item and not to combine it with any other in-stock item.

by the same token, on their main pre-order page, it states (in underlined fashion) that if one places an order consisting of both a pre-order item AND and in-stock item, "we will ship your in-stock items first."

of course, i (negligently?) placed an order for a copy of this plus an existing, in-stock item.  

has anyone ever encountered an issue w/ this?

pigs get fat; hogs get slaughtered? lol

Edited by frutiger75

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

Yeah I'd bet a large number of my favorite songs ever would be "bathroom break" moments for crowds.

I saw BH live just once and I sorta just wished I was back at home with headphones on...

Saw them right around the release of Teen Dream and they were awesome. Doesn't hurt that I think those first three albums are unfuckwithable 

So why is everybody flipping out about this pressing?  I mean I know it's probably their best record, looks cool, and the first two color pressings didn't sound great or were horrible.  

But I feel like if somebody like Newbury Comics did a pressing like this, it would be available a year after release much like the first color pressing of Teen Dream that they did.  

2 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Saw them right around the release of Teen Dream and they were awesome. Doesn't hurt that I think those first three albums are unfuckwithable 

I saw em in 2016, most of the set was TYLS and DC songs. They were still really damn good but I guess I just prefer some bands/genres in the comfort of my own ____.

2 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

So why is everybody flipping out about this pressing?  I mean I know it's probably their best record, looks cool, and the first two color pressings didn't sound great or were horrible.  

But I feel like if somebody like Newbury Comics did a pressing like this, it would be available a year after release much like the first color pressing of Teen Dream that they did.  

Good question. I'm guessing just because it's a color variant of Bloom and the other ones (white and GITD, right?) aren't super cheap.

But good point on how the specific retailer of a variant or item can also add to the lure of it. Like in the world of soundtracks, just slap "limited Mondo" on anything and it's lusted after 5x more. I still think this would have sold out pretty quickly on Newbury though.

20 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Biggest separator here is that TTL are asking $22 for this where NC would list it for $37.

Yeah, I knew that using NC would bring cost into the issue.  Maybe instead I should have used Vinyl Me Please or something else along those lines.  That wouldn't be a one day seller.

Just now, OldKentuckyShark said:

Yeah, I knew that using NC would bring cost into the issue.  Maybe instead I should have used Vinyl Me Please or something else along those lines.  That wouldn't be a one day seller.

For a run of 600?  Definitely a 1-day seller in my opinion.  BSS’ You Forgot It In People was a similarly sized press and went in one afternoon.

FYI:

just got an e-mail from TTL.

the pre-orders that were made successfully will be shipped out " early next week."

the remaining 220-ish will go live on may 31, unless "we decide to put a few up for sale before then", which is apparently what happened this morning.

this rigmarole (esp. considering the strict limit) is very NC-ish.

15 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

For a run of 600?  Definitely a 1-day seller in my opinion.  BSS’ You Forgot It In People was a similarly sized press and went in one afternoon.

I suppose.  I just remember the only color pressing of Teen Dream being around for months on NC and it wasn’t $37 and was a double LP unlike this one. 

But it not trying to hate on it.  Hope we all get copies

7 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

I suppose.  I just remember the only color pressing of Teen Dream being around for months on NC and it wasn’t $37 and was a double LP unlike this one. 

But it not trying to hate on it.  Hope we all get copies

I also remember teen dream being around on NC for a long time.  Didn't pull the trigger bcos the color was hideous. I would rather have black vinyl than the purple that they called.

p.s. Bloom is 2LP

8 minutes ago, iameasytofind said:

the color was hideous

That’s a bingo.

I could be imagining this, too, but I recall that release being pretty steeply priced... at least when it first dropped.  Newbury aren’t located in California, but they still fuck hard with state tax and shipping that’s a bit higher than it should be.  I imagine they do this for all states, too, which is a bit of a deterrent and why so many of their limited variants tend to stick around for so long.  Or such is my guess, anyway.

9 hours ago, Derek™ said:

”What’s... Check4Change?”

Assuming you are being sincere, it’s a browser extension that automatically monitors a page for any changes by giving you a very loud and deliberate alert when such a thing happens. Very useful for situations such as this. 

3 hours ago, frutiger75 said:

Trebek: "Answer" (no doubt, a daily double...boom-boom...boom-boom.....boombooomboom) -- a New York-based, DJ-curated, vinyl record-centric "workshop" with an online presence that frequently frustrates its customers.

--What is TTL?

James and Ken would be on the ball, i'm sure.

Damn never thought I'd find a fellow Jeopardy! nerd on VC