PO: Cassino (ex-Northstar) -- "Kingprince"

Basically just a cold call... got his info from John and expressed interest, figured it couldn't hurt. He got back to me and we went from there.

super interesting. during any contact I've ever had with him he's had the whole "we're going to do it ourselves" mantra

that's exactly why I asked that question....strange, maybe John gave him the seal of approval or something?

So what would you like to see out of this release? Everything is in the planning stages right now. I think I'm going to do at least 2 variants, maybe 3 with a 180g. Anything crazy you guys would like to see? Open to all suggestions

Honestly, just an all black 180g release with regular paper sleeves (none of that glossy bullshit that produces insane amounts of static and attracts excessive dirt on the surface), and since it's going to be 2xLP, Gatefold would be rad, with all the liner notes printed inside the Gatefold....no extra loose shit floating around.....just kinda simple.....less is more?

Honestly, just an all black 180g release with regular paper sleeves (non of that glossy bullshit that produces insane amounts of static and actract excessive dirt on the surface), and since it's going to be 2xLP, gatefold would be rad, with all the liner notes printed inside the Gatefold....no extra loose shit floating around.....just kinda simple.....less is more?
This * 100. Also praying for a Sounds Of Salvation pressing.

There may be new artwork

that wouldn't hurt my feelings....that picture they used for Kingprince wasn't that great of album artwork in my opinion....it evoked no feelings what-so-ever from me. are you doing the artwork or are they doing it/letting Chance do it or something?

edit: I also thought the album art for Sounds of Salvation was lack-luster as well

i bought the very last one of those shirts they had when they were on that tour with Moneen. they were very blah on stage but were having electrical problems and had to finish their set with just Nick on a distortion free amp. was kinda cool but you could tell they were getting peeved at everything

i bought the very last one of those shirts they had when they were on that tour with Moneen. they were very blah on stage but were having electrical problems and had to finish their set with just Nick on a distortion free amp. was kinda cool but you could tell they were getting peeved at everything

he should have stuck with that 5150II instead of trading it out for a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier....probably wouldn't have had that problem (and better tone)

I definitely am planning on making audio quality the top priority, so that's going to affect who does the art etc budgetwise. Still may end up doing the CD art, fixed for vinyl. As far as liner notes go we were tossing around the idea of a glossy booklet - ie what came with the iTunes download of the album, but blown up to something like 11x11.

Like I said all of this is in the planning stages now, so don't hold me to anything. I'm also trying to get a gauge of how much demand there actually is for this record, so that'll have an effect on how things play out too. Either way it's going to be special, and being a huge fan, made for fans like myself. I'm think (hope) you guys will dig it, but worst case at least you'll be able to enjoy it on your turntables.

Will buy and will want a test press

Brings up what I was thinking about earlier.... was reading the "too many test presses" thread, and was wondering if you guys would rather have the option of buying a test as opposed to me giving them out randomly as I've done in the past? Or maybe a mix of both?

Will buy and will want a test press

Brings up what I was thinking about earlier.... was reading the "too many test presses" thread, and was wondering if you guys would rather have the option of buying a test as opposed to me giving them out randomly as I've done in the past? Or maybe a mix of both?

Mike,

It really depends on how much they would cost. Personally I liked what you did with the John Nolan release when you first put it up. I think it was the first 5 or 10 orders made got a test press. I know I was watching your site like a hawk and even tweeted you a couple of times to make sure I would be one of those first orders. If the tests are between $20-25 I would say sell them. Little more money for you and a good fair price for the buyers.

I'm purchasing this release regardless of what you do with the packaging...that said, I'd rather the Test Pressing be completely random and not really available for purchase.....but, just one man's opinion

regardless of Test Pressing being available for purchase, randomly thrown with packages, or not available to the public at all and regardless of the packaging (even non-gatefold), I will definitely be purchasing this record.

Put this in the Nolan thread, but it should actually be here:

There is going to be a super limited (probably 25 total) pre-order coming up pretty soon, for a bundle that will have all variants + a test press + whatever other goodies we come up with. If you want to make sure you're in on that make sure to follow my Twitter @collectivemike. The link will be up there first, then on here next.