PO: Silversun Pickups "Neck of the Woods"

what, no t-shirt box?! ;) how many people even bought the Swoon box for full price? anyone here?

I think I bought it off someone on here for like $50, it was still sealed too.

Ordered the Neck of the Woods vinyl from the SSPU site (not the deluxe pack), almost $40 after shipping to Canada. Hope it's worth it. How many of these are being pressed, anyway?

well i went through the checkout process just to see how much this would cost me.

cheapest shipping for the 2xLP is $12??!?!?!?!

i can't comprehend this.

looks like i'll just wait till it's in stores.

edit:

will the one amazon is selling be the 2x yellow vinyl as well?

cos that's looking like a much better deal, esp. if i use prime.

the always helpful dangerbird records has shed some light on the subject.

- The yellow vinyl is limited to 2,000 copies and available exclusively from SSPU.com

- All other retailers will be selling standard black vinyl

- The boxset is only available in the preorder and will not be pressed or distributed further. (I find this hard to believe, as the Swoon boxset was later available from amazon and other retailers, sometimes at closeout prices).

-The 7" will be available as a promotional giveaway at select indie retail stores with purchase, but the only way to guarantee you'll get the 7" is by ordering the boxset.

After hearing "Bloody Mary" I am in NOOOOOO hurry to pick up any version of this album. They went in exactly the direction I hoped they wouldn't. I'll wait to hear the whole album before I ultimately decide whether or not I will purchase any version of it but so far its not looking good. I couldn't even finish the song on first listen. I'll give it another try when I'm feeling more patient but it was far too keyboard driven for me. Just felt like more 80's revival BS.

To each their own but goddamn I can't stress my disappointment. It was very late when I gave it a first shot and I didn't even finish the song so I'll give it another go when I got out of work but I was immediately turned off and it never got better in that 2 or so minutes that I listened.

im kind of in the middle. i think i need to hear the rest of the record.

This 100%. I'm about as on the fence as I've ever been with a song on this one. I can't say I dislike it, but I can't say I like it. It's either going to be a grower, a much better song in the context of the whole album, or hopefully just one of the weaker tracks on the album.

the always helpful dangerbird records has shed some light on the subject.

- The yellow vinyl is limited to 2,000 copies and available exclusively from SSPU.com

- All other retailers will be selling standard black vinyl

- The boxset is only available in the preorder and will not be pressed or distributed further. (I find this hard to believe, as the Swoon boxset was later available from amazon and other retailers, sometimes at closeout prices).

-The 7" will be available as a promotional giveaway at select indie retail stores with purchase, but the only way to guarantee you'll get the 7" is by ordering the boxset.

Thanks so much for this info. I was really trying to figure this out because I badly want that yellow vinyl but was almost going to go with Best Buy or Amazon in hopes they'd have that too.