PO: Silversun Pickups "Neck of the Woods"

Really digging the new song. Best Buy seems like the best bet but I do really want the 7" as well. Hmmm....
Do you not shop at Amazon? They have had their preorder up for over a week. The price is steadily climbing from $17 dollars to $18.50 now.

Just curious, I know some people have had bad luck with Amazon shipping. I have never had a problem.

i am diggin' the new song so hard.

fucking beautiful hook, i just wish it was more guitar driven like their old stuff, tho the lack of guitar is really not killing me at all.

i'm still not going to pay an extra $20 for the yellow vinyl though, especially if there is going to be 2,000 of them.

dreamover, are you sure amazon is a 50/50 on the yellow? cos i'm thinking they're getting all black.

i'll probably just buy this from a local shop day of release for the chance on saving some $$$ and getting the 7".

Really digging the new song. Best Buy seems like the best bet but I do really want the 7" as well. Hmmm....
Do you not shop at Amazon? They have had their preorder up for over a week. The price is steadily climbing from $17 dollars to $18.50 now.

Just curious, I know some people have had bad luck with Amazon shipping. I have never had a problem.

No, but I was under the assumption Amazon was listing a single LP version and not the 2xLP? I'd rather be safe than sorry and make sure I'm getting the 2xLP

No, but I was under the assumption Amazon was listing a single LP version and not the 2xLP? I'd rather be safe than sorry and make sure I'm getting the 2xLP

There is no single LP version of this. Amazon lists double LP's as single a lot with preorders. I wouldn't worry about it.

i am diggin' the new song so hard.

fucking beautiful hook, i just wish it was more guitar driven like their old stuff, tho the lack of guitar is really not killing me at all.

i'm still not going to pay an extra $20 for the yellow vinyl though, especially if there is going to be 2,000 of them.

dreamover, are you sure amazon is a 50/50 on the yellow? cos i'm thinking they're getting all black.

i'll probably just buy this from a local shop day of release for the chance on saving some $$$ and getting the 7".

I posted later that the yellow is /2000 and only available from sspu. Amazon/everyone else will have black.

For those of you still confused:

•Boxset with 2xLP on yellow vinyl, Bloody Mary 7", Book, etc limited to /500 and costs $79.99, only available from sspu

•Yellow 2xLP limited to 2000. (500 in the boxset, 1500 separately). $24.99 and only available from sspu

•Bloody Mary 7" limited to 1000. 500 are part of the boxset, the other 500 will be available free with purchase only at select independent retailers.

•Standard black 180 gram 2xLP, available everywhere else records are available.

The only way to guarantee the yellow vinyl and 7" is to buy the box, which the more I think about it, the more worth-it it seems. You get the $25 yellow vinyl, the 7", the hardcover book, a one-of-a-kind signed photo and a one-of-a-kind handwritten lyric. Plus the cd. It just sucks that shipping is a fortune. But I caved.

$40 is totally worth it if you can afford It. The question here is, is $100 worth it when you're not too interested in the book.

Fuck I mean I want the bundle, but that price blows my mind. If saddle creek did this, they would have made the book a tshirt and sold the whole thing for $50.

the $20 shipping sucks, but you know that's the merch store.

the $80 is totally justified for the boxset. it includes the limited edition of the LP, and 7" that is pretty hard to get otherwise, the cd, a handwritten lyric sheet and a signed, one-of-a-kind photo. not to mention a hardcover book, limited to 500 that i'm sure is beautiful. if all you care about is an LP and a 7", then it's a ripoff. but if you're interested in everything included, its not a bad deal at all.

the swoon boxset on the other hand, was not worth what it was originally sold for. it had the same black LP, a cool lithograph, a t-shirt (medium or large only), and a download code and some stickers. no cd, no exclusive vinyl, no signed artwork, no book. i hate when boxsets come with stuff that wouldn't normally stay in the box. why would i want a t-shirt that won't fit? i ended up getting the swoon boxset for $28 on amazon. that was worth it just for the really cool box. but i never would've paid $80 for it.

family just visited over the past few days and dropped a fat check on me.

this box set is looking a lot more tempting now, but i still don't agree with the price or shipping, reguardless of being able to afford it.

does anyone (besides dream) really think a one album box set is worth this kind of investment?

meh, decided to just go black like i first planned, and get a few other records i wanted instead. maybe even a copy of kid icarus uprising if i'm feeling frisky.

seems like i'll get more out of that then i would the box and book.