Any Mad Men fans on here?

Mad Men tends to move at a leisurely pace, but this season has really started slow in my opinion. I get that the overarching themes seem to be race and the generational divide.

Having Don marry a younger, hip girl makes for an easy contrast in which to explore the latter theme but I hope it isn't the focus. Most generally, I prefer when they look at shit through the SCDP lens.

I guess I just can't figure out exactly how the major conflicts will play out yet, and so far the set-ups seem a bit bland to me personally. That said, I have a ton of confidence in this show to do it right.

Why did Peggy make that weird face with the black girl in her apartment? I didn't get it.

There are still very tense relationships between black and white people. Especially during the race riots. She already admitted to Dawn that she was carrying a ton of cash. She was ignorant and afraid that Dawn would rob her because her purse was sitting out on the coffee table. And that's also why Dawn left before Peggy woke up.

Amazing episode last night.

Why did Peggy make that weird face with the black girl in her apartment? I didn't get it.

There are still very tense relationships between black and white people. Especially during the race riots. She already admitted to Dawn that she was carrying a ton of cash. She was ignorant and afraid that Dawn would rob her because her purse was sitting out on the coffee table. And that's also why Dawn left before Peggy woke up.

Amazing episode last night.

Gotcha. Makes sense. I must have just not been thinking.

• 1 year later...

I love this show. Probably my favorite drama of all time. Can't say I put much stock in the theory for two reasons. One, it doesn't quite fit the tone of the show in my mind. Two, now that it is out there Weiner would never let it happen.

I don't think. Who knows, it would be a neat twist. Regardless, thanks for the link. Geeat read.

How about that finale though, great episode.

Wow, how did I not realize that season 7 would be the last... How depressing... but I understand it needs to finish. I was getting worried about the end of last season and the beginning of this season because I didn't feel like it was up to par as everything else has been spectacular. This season finished off wonderfully though, I am very intrigued with what will go down in the last season. Maybe Don will live that single life...