HARVARD - The Inevitable & I

Yes, the officially changed it a couple weeks ago. The 1st pressing will be the only one with "Harvard" on the cover, the rest if we decide to repress will have "HRVRD".

Their new facebook and website are

www.facebook.com/hrvrdmusic

www.hrvrdmusic.com

for those who are interested

unintentional even more limited edition? ;)

The band and myself had a long talk about it and we both wanted this album to be pressed for the past two years but didnt think demand was there and wanted to do it right the first time so decided to wait til the fanbase grew a bit more. That being said, we want this to be a representation of the last 2 years, which is also why the dvd is coming with each copy of this release. The dvd is like a tour diary from the past 2 years and came out awesome. They had some friends who are commercial filmakers help us with filming an editing. Cant wait for people to see it.

The remastering on this album also came out amazing, sounds so much better than the cd version. We had some major issues with getting them to sound right which is why they were delayed from the initial december release date. Also we had to move track 9 on the cd onto side A unfortunately which was the key to making this work. The side splits werent working out and it was either that or canceling the project all together because it would have been a 3xlp otherwise

Thankfully we aren't like MTS and dont put up pre orders months and months ahead of time because we know issues can and often do arise when pressing vinyl

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unintentional even more limited edition? ;)

The band and myself had a long talk about it and we both wanted this album to be pressed for the past two years but didnt think demand was there and wanted to do it right the first time so decided to wait til the fanbase grew a bit more. That being said, we want this to be a representation of the last 2 years, which is also why the dvd is coming with each copy of this release. The dvd is like a tour diary from the past 2 years and came out awesome. They had some friends who are commercial filmakers help us with filming an editing. Cant wait for people to see it.

The remastering on this album also came out amazing, sounds so much better than the cd version. We had some major issues with getting them to sound right which is why they were delayed from the initial december release date. Also we had to move track 9 on the cd onto side A unfortunately which was the key to making this work. The side splits werent working out and it was either that or canceling the project all together because it would have been a 3xlp otherwise

Thankfully we aren't like MTS and dont put up pre orders months and months ahead of time because we know issues can and often do arise when pressing vinyl

well they definitely look AMAZING. i'm checking out this album right now, liking what i hear so far.

well they definitely look AMAZING. i'm checking out this album right now, liking what i hear so far.

Thanks man, this album is my baby. I spent all the money i was given from a bad car accident that I was in 2007 to fund this record. I was in a car that was hit by a drunk driver on the way back from the studio with a band I was managing at the time and after a year of therapy on my hand I decided to take a risk and sign this band Hence "Enjoy The Ride" records which most people on this board im sure weren't aware of. I talked about it in a few interviews once this album came out initially but since it wasn't pressed on vinyl til now, im sure no one on here heard or read them.

Biggest risk ive ever taken in my entire life but I knew that it was now or never since thankfully I didnt have a family to pay for and worry how to put food on the table. Now 3 years later, the band had developed a nice dedicated following and im very proud of what we have accomplished. Sorry to go off onto a sentimental tangent

Wish it was the Animals EP.

Or something back from Bear Essentials. I'll never forget all their old demos, and that one song February. SO GOOD.

Will still be buying though

if these sell well then we will 100% be doing a small run of "Animals" on vinyl. I have spoken to the band about this many times in the past couple years but we need to prove that people want vinyl from the band first. If these do well then expect animals to be pressed later this year so PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE BAND AND THIS RELEASE

I've known the guys in Harvard for probably 8+ years now and it was through them (and this message board) that I met Ross and started doing work w/ Enjoy the Ride - this album was the first major thing we worked on together and I still remember printing out a proof of the CD layout and bringing it to a Halloween show at a tiny place at UNC where Harvard was playing so I could show them how it would look and seeing how excited they were made it all worth it. I even drove 3 hours to Charlotte to take the photo that's on the inside after work one night and driving back at like 1AM having to work at 8:30 the next morning. Jesse (vocalist) has been one of my best friends for almost a decade and after putting out his solo work myself (The Bear Romantic) and also creating music w/ him that was put out on vinyl (Native Trash), it's really awesome to finally see what in my opinion is the apex of his work on vinyl as well.

End of my sentimental tangent!

Wish it was the Animals EP.

Or something back from Bear Essentials. I'll never forget all their old demos, and that one song February. SO GOOD.

Will still be buying though

if these sell well then we will 100% be doing a small run of "Animals" on vinyl. I have spoken to the band about this many times in the past couple years but we need to prove that people want vinyl from the band first. If these do well then expect animals to be pressed later this year so PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE BAND AND THIS RELEASE

There are also I believe 100 or so copies of the Animals EP on CD that have yet to be released, we've been meaning to screenprint the sleeves for the past 2 years but w/ all of the other ETR projects haven't gotten to it yet

When do you get those copies of Animals out, I definitely wanna buy one. I want the music, cuz I don't have that, nor anything besides this album, on my iPod. D:

to be 100% honest, we have been pushing off the animals cd thing for over 2 years cause patrick has been busy with other projects that are higher up in priority right now. Again, if the vinyl does well and i see there is larger demand out there for a physical product then we will try to get them done asap. In my experience, people dont buy cd's and that has been the only physical music made for harvard up to this point. They have toured a good amount in the east coast and we still have 300/1000 cd's left from dec 2009

Yeah, I buy CDs as little as possible. I generally prefer having download codes in a vinyl release, or buying the music digitally, but having certain CDs is cool, I guess. I think that this vinyl release is gonna do pretty good. It seems there's quite a few people on this board who will buy it, and I know myself and my two cousins who I showed the band to will buy it, so I think you'll be set. (: Hopefully, I'd Animals gets put on vinyl, it'll be as pretty as this!

Yeah, I buy CDs as little as possible. I generally prefer having download codes in a vinyl release, or buying the music digitally, but having certain CDs is cool, I guess. I think that this vinyl release is gonna do pretty good. It seems there's quite a few people on this board who will buy it, and I know myself and my two cousins who I showed the band to will buy it, so I think you'll be set. (: Hopefully, I'd Animals gets put on vinyl, it'll be as pretty as this!

Thanks man, so much of this band's success has been word of mouth and friends telling friends over the course of the past 2 years. Real interesting how long it takes some things to circulate when things can be so instant with the internet. The band really doesnt like promotions or gimmicks, they are just about the music so thats part of the reason i think that it took awhile.

I really hate to be 'that guy' but I'm really torn on whether or not I will buy this release because of the $23.99 price. I get that it's 2x LP and that it sounds really good or whatever... but so did Manipulator and it came with a gatefold that was twice as big, was 1$ cheaper and I STILL had a hard time bringing myself to buy it even though it's one of my favorite albums. The DVD doesn't really do anything for me, blank DVD discs are far less than 25 cents a piece and I'll probably never get around to watching it anyway.

Maybe a little explanation/justification like "the extra money is going to support the band while they're on tour" will coax me, but otherwise I cannot figure out why it's that much.

Well, I just heard about the band back in November or so, and I showed my cousins within two days, and they fell in love, too. Haha. I've showed a few of my Internet friends, but I guess it never really caught on. The fact that they don't use a lot of gimmicks is a good thing, to me. I would prefer to super good band to be a little popular than a super gimmick-y band to be really popular. Haha.

I really hate to be 'that guy' but I'm really torn on whether or not I will buy this release because of the $23.99 price. I get that it's 2x LP and that it sounds really good or whatever... but so did Manipulator and it came with a gatefold that was twice as big, was 1$ cheaper and I STILL had a hard time bringing myself to buy it even though it's one of my favorite albums. The DVD doesn't really do anything for me, blank DVD discs are far less than 25 cents a piece and I'll probably never get around to watching it anyway.

Maybe a little explanation/justification like "the extra money is going to support the band while they're on tour" will coax me, but otherwise I cannot figure out why it's that much.

The jackets were upgraded reverse board with spot gloss over 3/4 of the jacket and the vinyl is 140gram. Believe it or not, these jackets cost the same per unit as the fall of troy because we got 500 of these and 1000 fall of troy. Like i said, we wanted to do this release right which is why we waited this long to press it. We are going to take detailed pics of the details this weekend. I know the price tag is a bit high but it is worth every penny, not to mention the remastering job on this release did wonders and it really brings new life to the album. It sounded great as it is but the drums now sound like they are right in front of you.

Also the dvd's arent home made burned dvd's. They were professionally pressed and printed with artwork and legit dvd menu's etc...

also, in a perfect world, id love to have an option to get the record without the DVD, at a lower price. i doubt ill watch the dvd even once, but meh.

again, not complaining, just building discussion.

Understandable, the main feature of the dvd is only 24 minutes and then there is a bunch of bonus tour vlogs and what not which are super entertaining. I get why people wouldnt care but def worth checking out especially since im sure not many people on here have seen this band live and their live show blows the recorded stuff away. They bring a unique energy which was the primary focus of the dvd, to showcase their live show for people who havent seen them yet.

The dvd cost about $1 each to make which what we are charging for it, we arent making any extra on that, but we felt it was essential for bigs fans of the album to see what they are all about live

Yeah I have had the inni dvd on top of my amp for like 2 weeks waiting to be watched. regardless i want that peacock one!

It was said next week but any idea day/time for ordering??

ps: I understand you are not making much off the dvds, but you do seem to have a high margin on this. I am not complaining, because honestly Dustin Krensue was very impressive including the record, sleeve, quality, and packaging (much much better than my beat up no sleep subscription). I would imagine these are not costing more than $12 or so. IDK, maybe once Patrick is involved if so, then maybe a few additional costs. But since you do not have to pay for rights, takes $1 off each record right there, plus you only have the band to provide records to. I would assume the gatefold, colored vinyl, reverse board sleeves, labels, a run of 500, etc etc would be no more than $11-$14. Not my business nor am I bashing just saying man $19.99 would have sounded much more slick, imo. I also think if you decrease your margin and ensure a quick (as possible) sellout then it gets it in more peoples hands, creates more desire cause people see they are sold out, and would help drive the sales of future releases relating this band. IDK though I did not major in business. Best of luck and regardless I will be picking up. Hopefully it is under $30, should be if shipping is around $5.

also, in a perfect world, id love to have an option to get the record without the DVD, at a lower price. i doubt ill watch the dvd even once, but meh.

again, not complaining, just building discussion.

Yeah I feel the same way, I bought the Refused - Shape Of Punk To Come 2xLP that came with the DVD and I have never watched it, even though I love refused. I like Harvard enough that I wanna buy the LP, but I have literally zero interest in the dvd. I vote for a LP only option!

Yeah I have had the inni dvd on top of my amp for like 2 weeks waiting to be watched. regardless i want that peacock one!

It was said next week but any idea day/time for ordering??

Gonna get good pictures taken this weekend and then will make an announcement with details on monday. Most likely thursday or friday to co-incide with the band having the first 25 of them for sale at their hometown show on friday April 6th

i would have thought that since you didnt have to license it as they are a band on YOUR label, it would have been a bit cheaper and we would have seen a little lower of a price tag.

and that is not me complaining btw, just putting in my two cents.

agreed, you would have thought but since it was a smaller run than any of the 2xlp that i licensed they worked out to around the same cost per unit due to being half the pressing size. This is why we waited 2 years to press the album, we knew it would have to be on the expensive side due to the how we wanted the packaging to be