Rufio - Perhaps, I Suppose

[image]

Hello. I’m happy to announce the first official vinyl pressing of Rufio’s debut album Perhaps, I Suppose…. This project was a lot of fun to be a part of and I’m grateful to TMG and Rufio for allowing me to give this record a breath of life 10 years after its initial release. It remains one of my favorites, and hopefully it will be a welcomed addition to your collection.

Here are the details…sorry for being extremely long winded:

Packaging

- The Jacket is printed on chipboard stock giving it a natural look matching the tan color of the original cover art. Chipboard jackets are 24pt stock, so it is slightly thicker than the standard 20pt of most 2 panel jackets.

- A full lyric insert is included with a personal message from lead singer Scott Sellers thanking all of you for celebrating Rufio’s most heralded album once again.

- Each record is standard 140 gram vinyl with 3 color labels.

Pressing Info

- 1000 copies (including band/label/retail promos) were pressed.

- 250 copies on Opaque Red will be available from Hot Topic (if you hate SRC)

- 200 copies on Clear will be available from SRC (if you hate Hot Topic)

- 250 copies on Black will be available at worldwide indie record stores (if you hate the establishment)

- And finally, 300 copies will be available from my webstore. I am dubbing this as the “Lost Boys Edition”. This variant has a black/red striped pattern inspired by the Hook character Rufio’s gnarly hairstyle. These copies will include a bonus 7” in a full color glue pocket with the demo versions of Above Me and Road to Recovery. This will be $17.99, with the other variants carrying a $16.99 SRP.

- These quantities of course are inexact since some will be for promotional use.

Release Date

- The copies at www.companyinkrecords.com will be available on Monday 4/2 at 12PM Pacific. You won’t see them now, but the URL will go directly to the webstore by that time. I will ship internationally, and will get all orders out next day.

- Travis/Jenna can advise more on when their copies will be available for sale in the coming week or so I’d assume. I’m getting them their records early next week.

- Indie retail copies will be available on Record Store Day.

Tests

- 10 total tests were pressed for this. I will again be auctioning off 5 copies in screened sleeves. 100% of the proceeds are going to The Wounded Warrior Project. I will not use “mission fish” this time to ensure the donation is as large as possible. I’ll post a scan of the receipt for transparency. The 2 highest bids will also get 7” tests, for which only 4 copies were made. The additional tests will not be sold by me, ever.

FAQ

-Will this be available through Banquet? Yes. SRC will be able to supply clear copies to Banquet.

- Will any copies make it elsewhere in Europe or to Australia? Yes. The black versions will be available through a few stores / sites. I will post them when orders are placed. If you have one in particular you want covered PM me.

- You call yourself a label, all you do is license shit! I agree, I’m really just a guy. More of a distributor than a label at this point. Totally different game and I would never claim anyone I work with as “my artist”. Far more difficult to start from scratch.

- 1000 of these? Good luck selling ‘em! Let me worry about that. A lot of good can come from a round number of 1K and allows me to include more retailers and territories, and hopefully deters a flipper or two.

- Do you know how to pack a record properly?!?! Yes.

- $16.99 for a single LP? Fuck you! I’m sorry. My goal on this is to break even and have a little money left to advance for a new release. I have taken zero dollars thus far from Company Ink and remain a one man army. I try to lock in deals with fair royalties (usually impossible) and put as much money into quality of the record, so I hope it’s worth your dough.

THE END. Thanks for reading this; I’ll answer any questions if somehow more exist.

[image]

Hot Topic

[image]

Shop Radio Cast

Banquet

[image]

Amoeba Records Berkeley CA

Amoeba Records Los Angeles CA

Amoeba Records San Francisco CA

Horizon Records Greenville SC

Aux 33 Tours Montreal QC

Black Gold Brooklyn NY

Blue Groove Sounds Arlington VA

Co-op 87 Records Brooklyn NY

Criminal Records Atlanta GA

Dimple Records Sacramento CA

Double Decker Records Allentown PA

Down in the Valley Golden Valley MN

Earshot Greenville SC

Exile on Main Street Champaign IL

Forever Young Records Grand Prairie TX

HHV Berlin

In Vinyl We Trust Round Hill VA

Independent Records Colorado Springs CO

Interpunk.com Richmond VA

J&R Music New York NY

Kim's Video & Music New York NY

Luna Music Indianapolis IN

Monster Music Nashville TN

Music Millennium Portland OR

Newbury Comics Brighton MA

Park Ave CDs Orlando FL

Redscroll Records Wallingford CT

Rock & Soul New York NY

Salzer's Records Ventura CA

Shake It Cincinnati OH

Silver Platters Seattle WA

Sound Stage Direct Doylestown PA

The Exclusive Company Milwaukee WI

The Sound Garden Baltimore MD

Vacation Vinyl Los Angeles CA

Waterloo Records Austin TX

Zia Records Phoenix AZ

[image]

[image]

that hook inspired rufio hair variant is soooo fucking beautiful. well done company ink. is this your second official release?

also, love the FAQ. other labels/distros should learn from you and take a page out of your book on how to run their businesses.

i expect this one to go off without a hitch, just like the NFG release.