Rufio - Perhaps, I Suppose

On 12/17/2020 at 10:23 AM, anchorlessbodies said:

Got the wax mage variant! You guys really think there are bots obtaining these?

Nah, I suspect it's because they nail that SUPREME™/social media hype beast technique extremely well. Super duper scarce records people will instantly FOMO buy, wheter they actually like the band or not.

imgrc0080444704.jpg

12 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Nah, I suspect it's because they nail that SUPREME™/social media hype beast technique extremely well. Super duper scarce records people will instantly FOMO buy, wheter they actually like the band or not.

imgrc0080444704.jpg

From my side I really don’t care about Supreme bullshit, rather it’s all about the practice and preparation (use autofill, pre login if possible, memorize where to click during checkout, etc.).  In this way I was able to score ~25 mages this year so it’s definitely not impossible.

I also partially agree with the other part, it’s frustrating when people get superhyped about getting a mage, then reselling it for several hundred bucks a few days later.  But I think the majority is not like that. 

1 hour ago, anchorlessbodies said:

From my side I really don’t care about Supreme bullshit, rather it’s all about the practice and preparation (use autofill, pre login if possible, memorize where to click during checkout, etc.).  In this way I was able to score ~25 mages this year so it’s definitely not impossible.

I also partially agree with the other part, it’s frustrating when people get superhyped about getting a mage, then reselling it for several hundred bucks a few days later.  But I think the majority is not like that. 

I scored 11 mages, but mostly /100 variants from Wax Vessel. Do you use Apple pay or something? I use autofill of bank card and shipping address, but it's still not enough for scoring /50 Wax Vessel Signatures.

Edited by IndigoHollow

5 hours ago, IndigoHollow said:

I scored 11 mages, but mostly /100 variants from Wax Vessel. Do you use Apple pay or something? I use autofill of bank card and shipping address, but it's still not enough for scoring /50 Wax Vessel Signatures.

I use only ShopPay for Wax Vessel releases (managed to score signature series for almost everything since the new store implementation) and for others, it depends on the fastest option (usually credit card).

Edited by anchorlessbodies

17 hours ago, IndigoHollow said:

How do these records sound in general? I don't own any, but some friends of mine had a record from their old band pressed by WV and I'm fairly certain it wasn't remastered in any capacity prior.

1 hour ago, Shitty Rambo said:

How do these records sound in general? I don't own any, but some friends of mine had a record from their old band pressed by WV and I'm fairly certain it wasn't remastered in any capacity prior.

All things considered (the files they're working with, the genre, the year they were released) they actually sound pretty awesome if you're referring to Wax Vessel in particular, not Wax Mage. Not sure about every single release, but I know they usually re-master stuff and do the best with what they're working with.

2 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I've got in hands two of them (other are in pre-order):

1. OH! - Tentees

Sound awesome! It was nicely remastered for that release.

2. The Partisan Turbine - Surgical assault

Sounds good, but not as awesome as OH! .

Overall feeling from WV releases is good.

5 hours ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

Looks like it's all sold out now. I'm pleasantly surprised since there was already a pressing of this.

Records from the previous pressing were selling for $200. I also think some of the least limited variant went to retail, so not really sold out even though it is through the label.

On 1/5/2021 at 7:27 PM, mitchard said:

The cover got pretty jacked up in transit sadly. Record is fine though, and sounds/looks great!

Mine came crushed from top-side, warped the media (bowl-like). Reset expectations here - these were not well packaged. Basic mailer with a little bubble wrap. If it gets stacked on like mine did = easy warp or worse.

18 minutes ago, iDealélan said:

Mine came crushed from top-side, warped the media (bowl-like). Reset expectations here - these were not well packaged. Basic mailer with a little bubble wrap. If it gets stacked on like mine did = easy warp or worse.

Yeah, my packaging was pretty bad as well. It was obvious that the side tabs on mailer itself weren't fully inserted before it was taped. Definitely wasn't just smashed in transit, though it did take a beating there as well. The poor packaging didn't help any.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...