PO: The Early November - In Currents

Did you get the deluxe bundle or something else?

Yeah I got the deluxe one with the book. I know it's been delayed, so I know Merchnow is bullshitting me. It'd be nice if they would just send me the refund instead of jumping through these hoops and pretending it's on the way to me.

Yeah I got the deluxe one with the book. I know it's been delayed, so I know Merchnow is bullshitting me. It'd be nice if they would just send me the refund instead of jumping through these hoops and pretending it's on the way to me.

if you ordered anything else with that deluxe bundle they should have shipped it. i ordered the tshirt bundle with the red LP plus the photo book on it's own and they shipped me the shirt and red LP already. i got the other stuff in the order early last week.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the photo books are nowhere close to being ready to ship. i found out earlier this afternoon that the books have just recently been finished, probably within the last week, and they are on their way to the plant that handled the record pressing. Rise used two different places, one to print the books and one to press the records, and they only placed the order for 1,000 - 100 page books (so 100,000 pages needing printing not even counting the hardbound covers) in early June with a release date of July 10. even to the untrained eye that short window would obviously not be enough time to get the books done on time to meet the release date.

so with the books on their way to whatever plant Rise used for the records, either that plant or Rise themselves will have to package the records inside the books. either way, there is the time it takes for the plant to ship the records to Rise so the covers of the books can be signed by the band. from what a couple other labels have said, Ace is hard to get ahold of to finish these types of things (whether it's approving art, giving the final go ahead of layout, "hand writing" lyric sheets and you can lump in signing 1,000 books into this category too). then there is the time it takes to ship the records from Rise over to Merchnow (Portland ,Oregon to upstate NY) then more shipping time as the books can finally start shipping out to the people who pre-ordered them. bearing in mind pre-orders for this went up sometime in April I believe.

i was told back at the end of July they should be ready to ship August 27. i was also told at that time Rise will be making an announcement about the delays and the new expected ship date, but that never came about. and obviously the August 27 revised ship date never happened either. Today I was told the books should start shipping at the end of this month (September). so this seems to be a revolving door of release dates that keep getting pushed back 1 month at a time. so hopefully these see the light of day before Christmas.